Chapter 15

Why did MallangDalkom suddenly come out here—?

It was only then that the bewildered audience realized that the stage wasn't covering VTIC's song but idols belonging to VTIC's agency, LeTi.

She was confused for a moment because the MC talked about VTIC openly before.

"What the hell—"

Because it wasn't a very popular song, there were some irritating reactions here and there.

Rather, it would be a different story if it's a hit song like 〈POP☆CON〉 because most people only remembered the chorus of the debut song.

It was the same for her who was changing the camera settings.

'Should I just get a picture of the public vote?'

When she thought this insincere thought and hid the camera from security, the stage went dark, and the intro began to flow out.

Woo~. Whoooo Ooh~. Woo~.

The melancholy melody of a modulated synthesizer filled the stage.

Originally, it was supposed to be a part where string instruments and piano would flow out to introduce a pure female idol-style orchestra in the 2010s.

"Huh?"

As she raised her head, she saw participants in white stage costumes and blackish decorations that looked like shoulder straps.

It was a suit-like style, so there was nothing new because it was a typical male idol's outfit, but she had a strange sense because of the lyrical atmosphere opposed to the intro, which is full of electronic sounds.

At that moment, the participants began to move.

– At some point, I realized

I am trapped in an imperfect time

The participant who began the first verse clearly had a handsome face and was good at movement.

'Was it Seon Ahyun?'

Even the choreography was mixed with lyrical and elegant dance moves, but somehow— It was a bit strange.

– This unstoppable maze of time

Save me from being trapped in it

The moment the next part came out, she realized.

'...Why is everyone so expressionless?'

Except for the person who sang the song, all the participants had no expression on their faces.

Originally, it was common for them to have less expression on their faces when it wasn't their part yet, but it was rare for them to have no expression at all.

Furthermore—.

'W, why are their eyes so strange?'

They were looking up at the air, not at the camera.

It was probably intentional, as their expression and eyes suddenly returned to focus only when their own part returned.

It would be a different story if they couldn't make eye contact with the camera because of their mistake, but idols knew that it was their job to look at the camera like a ghost even when it wasn't their part.

—So it was an even more strange sight.

It was even creepier in comparison to the participant who smiled alone in his part and had glowing eyes.