Chapter 39

"Are you having a hard time?"

I asked it vaguely on purpose. I hoped the listener would respond appropriately.

However, Cha Eugene, who put a chocolate bar in his mouth, began to shed tears more sorrowfully.

You're driving me crazy...

I don't know if everyone is sensitive because the field is arts and physical education, or if it's because survival is brutally hard, but I think I've seen too many people crying these days.

"Everyone is fighting... If I say nothing, it gets scary, sniff."

"...Hmm."

Cha Eugene looked completely dead. There was no trace of the bright loudmouth from a while ago.

No matter how you look at it, isn't this team ruined within a day?

'It really is just like the name <Puppy> room.'

(TL note: because dog could also mean a swear word, that's why Moondae said that.)

Those guys, if it aired like this, people would ridicule them by tying them up with the room name.

However, it was funny that 'Park Moondae' advised Cha Eugene.

No matter what I said, if I made a mistake, Internet public opinion would bombard me with posts such as 'Am I the only one who thinks that Park Moondae is wrong?'. Because he was from a different team.

'I'll send him back when he calms down.'

Instead, I just said something else seriously.

"Do you want more chocolate bars?"

"..."

Cha Eugene nodded. I took another handful of chocolate bars out of my bag and gave them to him.

'...I'm glad I brought a lot.'

It was fortunate that there was still one more large bag left. If I looked like I didn't want to waste the chocolates on him, I might get in trouble.

With the sound of running water coming from the bathroom in the background, I spent the moment in silence with Cha Eugene who was chewing on chocolate.

Soon after, Cha Eugene got up and bowed his head, holding a chocolate bar in both hands.

"Thank you."

He seemed to have calmed down a bit and was thinking of going back. I couldn't thank him enough for not giving me the details.

Let's say something that fits the situation.

"Will it be okay to not see Raebin?"

"Yes. ...I'll be fine."

"Okay."

Cha Eugene stopped crying and seemed a little more energetic than before.

'Isn't it because of the sugar high?'

I wondered if he would start crying again once he ran out of sugar, but the priority was to send this bomb away.

I watched Cha Eugene for a moment as he trudged down the hallway and then closed the door.

Then I breathed a sigh of relief.

'I'm so busy that I'm going to die, but there are mines everywhere.'

Now that we were in the second half, I had to be more careful not to get caught in the broadcast. Because once things plummeted, there might be no time to rebound.