Chapter 62

Only the announcement for the first and second place was left.

I didn't worry whether 'Park Moondae' would be eliminated like this.

'There are no other candidates.'

Among the remaining people, no one was worth getting first and second place.

Ah, the guy who won third place at the last ranking announcement was spotted with his girlfriend, so public sentiment plummeted.

I feel a little bad, but... Isn't it his own fault for meeting his girlfriend every time he took a break from filming while he was still participating in an idol audition?

"We're revealing the first-place candidates now!"

The MC shouted some hints into the microphone. I rested my throat which turned sore due to the long procession.

And after a little bit of delay just like the previous rankings, the candidates were announced.

"Cha Eugene!"

Cha Eugene smiled and came forward. The people below cheered as if it were natural.

"And the other candidate..."

Let's get ready to go

"Participant Park Moondae!"

As expected.

I came forward while receiving formal congratulations from some of the participants I wasn't close with.

"Hyung, congratulations."

At least Gold 2 seemed sincere, but I could see that he was forcibly pretending to be strong, perhaps realizing that he was about to be eliminated.

I patted him on the back a few times and went up to the podium.

Cha Eugene, who was already climbing up, reached out his hand.

"Let's shake hands!"

He looked very excited. I hoped he could keep this momentum and take it to first place.

I didn't say much and accepted the handshake. The atmosphere of the concert hall temporarily became friendly.

'Is my debut confirmed with this?'

I checked to see if there was a change in the status window, but only the 'Successful stage' pop-up appeared earlier.

"The two of you, what do you think when you see the opposing candidate competing for first place?"

Cha Eugene immediately picked up the microphone.

"It's really cool!"

"Haha! That's a very clear answer~"

The MC laughed and asked fishing questions to create tension.

"Do you think you'll win first place today?"

"I don't know. But getting first place would be nice!"

Cha Eugene raised his thumb.

He sounded at ease enough to make the viewers feel fond of him but not to the extent that would make people resent him for joking around in the final.

"I see~ Now, let's hear from participant Park Moondae. How do you feel when you see him?

I picked up the microphone.

"He's such a good friend... I can't believe I was mentioned together with this friend."

"It was a very humble statement~ But, the first place... How about it, do you see a possibility?"