Chapter 5

The intro, which everyone in the country would be familiar with, passed by, and the lively vocals struck the ear.

I go with the most iconic pose I can remember to get things started.

Then one of the judges spat out the water he was drinking.

Oh, me too! I like you~

The feeling of my heart beating~! Is like popcorn!

POP! POP!

The popping beat is just ringing~

My heart is overflowing with this feeling!

Tap, tap, tap. Youngrin, the person who requested the dance, is the only one who gives a sincere nod in response to the simple foot movements. It seemed that she was the only professional here.

Soon, part of the song that can be danced to by at least half of the kids my age has come out.

POP! POP!

You're my Popcorn~ (Oh yeah!)

My heart

CON CON CON CON

Control it!

The chorus of MallangDalcom's 〈POP☆CON〉, which was released 10 years ago, beat the eardrums powerfully.

Known as the "forbidden song" for the CSAT, it was the main culprit in ruining the students' listening test that year because of its lyrics and crazy addiction.

By the way, I also took the CSAT exam at that time. But I can't do it again, because I don't have the money.

POP POP!

The popping Popcorn~ (Ooh~)

It was also famous for many people who uploaded dance covers, and the difficulty level was easy.

To put it another way, it was at a level that even children in the lower elementary school grades could practice.

I would have been cursed if it had been out 10 years ago at the peak of the trend. But I chose this song because I thought I could turn it into a memory correction and then move on to a comedy. (t/n : Memory correction (추억보정) means 'old memories make everything good.' For instance, you will think so good if you recall the suck movie you saw when you were a kid._

Of course, I'm keeping a straight face while dancing hard.

Even if others were to look at the remaining gags, it would be unpleasant for me to openly smile as a participant.

I had to give the impression that I had put a lot of effort into preparing for the dance.

Of course, it was also true that I worked really hard. Because I raised my level while practicing this. With achievements of 〈First Movement〉 and 〈10th Movements〉.

With the judges clapping and laughing, it seemed that I had made a mistake—but I don't know. They'll judge on their own.

I stopped dancing after making the last move of the first verse.

As I bowed my head and took a breath, cheers exploded as if I had come to my senses.

"Thank you."

Youngrin was the first to take the microphone, but the choreographer spoke first.

How much he laughed till his eyes got red. Some tears came from laughing.

"Whoa... Oh, I never dreamed it would come out. Wasn't Moondae 10 years old when POP☆CON was released? Did you even prepare for a talent show at that time?"