FIFTY THREE

HARRY

As soon as Louis closed the door behind him, Harry knew he had fûcked up again.

Why was he so stupid?

Why couldn't he act like a normal person?

Why?

But he realized this time was different, because this time he was seeing his error in time, and he wasn't going to let his fear or his pride win.

So he got up, and walked up to the door,  opened it, and looked in the direction of the elevator, and that's when he saw Louis standing there, waiting for said elevator.

"Lou" Harry called to get his attention.

Louis turned around, and as soon as he did, Harry noticed he was crying, but he tried to hide it by wiping his face with his sleeve.

"What do you want?" Louis asked bitterly.

"I don't want you to leave" Harry replied as he walked up to him "Let's go back to the flat".

Louis shook his head.

"Please, love?" Harry tried "I can't let you leave like this, let's talk some more".

"Why, so you can keep being mean and rude to me?" Louis questioned, his eyes glossy with new tears.

"No, so we can talk this through, and I promise I won't be mean or rude" Harry explained.

"Fine" Louis mumbled.

So Louis walked back to the flat with Leah in the stroller, and they all went inside, Harry closing the door behind them.

But Louis didn't go sit again, he just stood there looking lost, and Harry felt horrible, because he knew he had made Louis feel shïtty.

"Come here" Harry said opening his arms.

Louis hesitated for a second, but then he walked right into Harry's arms, and he wrapped his arms around his back.

"I'm sorry for being an asshole" Harry apologized "I'm so sorry".

And that was when Louis started crying again, and Harry held him tighter and rubbed his back to reassure him.

"It's okay, Lou, everything's okay" Harry told him.

"I didn't do it on purpose" Louis sobbed in his arms.

"I know that, I believe you" Harry said truthfully.

"But you're angry" Louis said, his voice muffled.

"I'm not, I promise I'm not" Harry told him, because he was feeling a lot of things right now, but he wasn't angry, not anymore "I'm just bad at handling situations like this, but that's on me, it's my fault".

Louis didn't say anything to that, and just kept crying and sobbing for a while, and when he eventually calmed down, he let go of Harry, and looked down.

"Are you okay?" Harry wondered.

"Yeah" Louis nodded as he wiped his face with his hands "I just want to wash my face".

"Go ahead, do you want a cup of tea?" Harry offered.

Louis nodded, and then went to the bathroom, and that's when Harry heard Leah make a complaining noise, as she was still all bundled in the stroller, so he took her out, knowing she had to be hot, because the flat was very warm.