SEVENTY EIGHT

Harry was teaching a class that Friday when his phone rang. It was on silent mode, but he had it on the desk so he saw the screen light up, and he saw it was the daycare calling. It was rare that the daycare called, so he got worried.

He looked at the time, and there were just 10 minutes left for the class to end, so he made a decision.

"Alright, that's it for today" Harry said to his students "I'll see you next week".

"Professor Styles, you said that at the end of the class we could discuss the questions we had about the paper due next week" a student reminded him.

"Sorry, I forgot" Harry apologized "You can email me your questions, and I'll get back to you".

"But when? Because the paper is due on Tuesday" another student said.

"I'll reply today, I promise" Harry told them.

They seemed to accept that, and Harry collected his things quickly, but by the time he left the classroom his phone wasn't ringing anymore. So he right away called back.

"Hello?" a woman picked up.

"Hi, I'm Harry Styles, I'm Leah Styles' dad, I just got a call from you" Harry explained.

"Ah, yes, we were just about to call Leah's mum" the woman said.

"Is Leah okay?" Harry questioned.

"She's been very unhappy all day, and now she says she has a tummy ache, so we think she should go home" the woman explained.

"I'll be right there" Harry decided "Does she have a fever or anything else?".

"No, but poor thing feels miserable, she's been calling for her mummy too" the woman informed him.

"Okay, please tell her I'm on my way to get her and take her home" Harry replied.

The woman agreed, and Harry quickly went to his office to retrieve his things, so he could go home right after getting Leah. He was just about to leave the area of the offices when he bumped into Andrea, who was a professor as well, and also Harry's friend.

"See you Monday" Harry told her.

"Are you not going to the faculty meeting?" Andrea frowned.

"Shït, I forgot" Harry realized.

"It's in like 10 minutes, so it's fine, do you want to get coffee before?" Andrea asked.

"No, I need to get Leah from daycare to take her home, they just called to say she's sick" Harry explained.

"Oh no, poor baby" Andrea said, and looked at her watch "Maybe you could call Louis and just wait with Leah until he picks her up and then go to the meeting?".

No one at the University knew that Louis was is prison, absolutely no one. And to be honest, he wanted to keep it like that, because he didn't know how people were going to react to the news. It certainly wasn't something normal, so he was scared that it might affect his job.

"Louis went to visit his parents with Flynn for the day" Harry lied, and he hated himself for it "I'm going to send an email later to explain my absence, but could you tell them I had to take my daughter home?".

"Yeah, no worries" Andrea replied "I hope Leah feels better soon".

"Thanks" Harry smiled, and left.

It only took him a few minutes to get to the daycare, and once he was in there, he found Leah sitting with Carmen, one of the women that worked on the daycare, and the poor girl was crying.