FOURTEEN

HARRY

When Harry got home that evening, he did his typical evening routine; he took Otto our for a walk, came back, fed the dog, and and cooked dinner for himself.

But instead of going out afterwards, or watching the telly, as he did some nights, he sat at the desk in his study to grade papers, which he should have done last week, but his research was taking a lot of his time lately.

He had only marked 2 of the papers, when his phone buzzed, and he was going to ignore it, but that's when he saw it was his best mate calling.

"Hey" Harry picked up.

"Hey, are you home?" Niall asked.

"Yeah, why?" Harry asked back.

"Liam's dad had a heart attack" Niall announced.

"Oh my god, is he okay?" Harry asked worried.

He barely knew Liam's dad, but it was still a horrible thing to happen.

"Apparently not, he needs emergency surgery, and Liam wants to be there with his family, and I want to go with him" Niall explained.

"Of course, and if there's anything I can do to help..." Harry started.

"There is, actually" Niall replied "Can we drop Charlie off at your place? Please, Harry? My parents are out of town, and Charlie just came out of a cold, so I don't want to take him to the hospital, he might catch something".

"Uhm..." Harry hesitated.

Because he didn't know anything about babies, he had never looked after one.

"You won't have to do anything, I already fed him, and he's changed and in his pajamas, so he'll probably just sleep all the time" Niall explained "Please? I really need your help, Harry, or I wouldn't ask".

"Yeah, okay, sure, I'll look after him" Harry agreed, feeling obligated to say yes.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you" Niall said, his voice relieved "We'll be there in 5".

Niall ended the call before Harry could say anything else, and Harry panicked a little, because he knew nothing about babies, and he had no idea if he was able to keep Charlie alive.

But he didn't have much time to panic, because less than 10 minutes later, his doorbell rang, and as soon as he opened the door, Niall pushed a stroller inside the flat, that contained a sleeping baby in it, and he offered Harry a baby bag.

"Everything you might need is in there, make sure to put the bottles in the fridge or they'll spoil, and if anything happens, call me" Niall said talking fast.

"Sure" Harry agreed.

"Thank you so much for this, I owe you" Niall told him.

"You don't" Harry denied.

After all, Niall had taken care of his dog for 2 months, what was one night taking care of a baby next to that?

"Bye, Charlie, I love you" Niall said to the sleeping baby.

"Tell Liam that I hope that surgery and everything go well with his dad" Harry said to his friend.

"I will" Niall smiled sadly "Bye, thanks again":

"Don't mention it" Harry said dismissively.

Niall walked away, and Harry closed the door behind him, and pushed the stroller into the living room.

And suddenly Otto barked.

"Shhh, Otto, don't wake up the baby" Harry scolded him.

Otto looked at him with a guilty face as if he understood that he had done something wrong, and Harry felt bad.

The Lying  Game ~ larry mpreg auOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara