SIXTEEN

HARRY

Harry felt numb.

Emotionally numb.

And he had been feeling like that for a week, ever since that night he had gone to Louis' place.

Harry shook the though from his head; he didn't want to think about Louis, he didn't want to think about anything.

His phone suddenly rang, and he saw Niall's name on the screen, but he didn't pick up.

Niall usually called or texted every day or every other day, he always did that, but for the last week Harry hadn't answered the phone at all, and had only answered a few texts.

He just didn't want to talk.

From Niall: Are you even alive? I'm about to call the police

Harry rolled his eyes when he read that, Niall was ridiculous.

To Niall: I'm alive, don't call the police

From Niall: can you answer the phone then?

To Niall: Can't right now, I'm busy.

Harry left the phone on the coffee table, and grabbed another pizza slice from the box he had on the coffee table, and continued watching the movie he had been watching before he was interrupted.

But he was interrupted again, when 10 minutes later his doorbell rang.

At first Harry panicked.

Could it be Louis?

He had blocked his number so he had no idea if he had been trying to contact him or not.

So he got up and walked up to the door, trying not to make any sound, and he looked through the peephole, and was relieved when he didn't see Louis.

But he saw Niall.

Harry sighed, and opened the door.

"Hey" Niall smiled.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked, skipping the hello.

"You've been ignoring me for a week, so I thought I'd come by to know why" Niall said and he made his way inside the flat.

"Sure, come in" Harry rolled his eyes and closed the door.

"Hi, Otto" Niall smiled at the dog, and patted his head "Can you tell me what's going on with your dad?".

"I'm not his dad" Harry was quick to say "I'm his owner".

"The same thing" Niall said dismissively, and sat down "So what's going on?".

"Nothing" Harry shrugged "I've just been busy with work".

"It shows" Niall said looking around.

There was a half eaten pizza on the coffee table, a few empty beer bottles, and a paused movie on the telly, and to top it all, Harry was wearing sweat pants and a T-shirt.

But in Harry's defense, it was Saturday.

"I'm taking a break right now" Harry excused himself "But I should go back to work".

"You won't, because I'm not leaving, I want to spend my Charlie free time with you" Niall smiled.

"Where is he?" Harry questioned, just now realizing Niall was alone, which he was sure he hadn't seen since the baby was born.

"With Liam, they're spending quality time together" Niall smiled "Now tell me what's going on with you".

"Nothing, I told you, I've just been busy with work" Harry said again.