FORTY FIVE

HARRY

It had been over three weeks since Louis told Harry that he eventually wanted to have another baby, and although he hadn't brought it up again, Harry hadn't been able to take it off of his head, as he thought about it constantly.

And it was strange, because up until Louis brought it up, Harry had never even thought about it, just assuming it would always just be the 3 of them, but now that the issue had been planted in his head, it was all he thought about.

Even now, that it was Saturday morning, and he was in bed, cuddling with Leah while he waited for Louis to bring breakfast (he had offered to do that), he thought about how it would feel like to have another Leah.

Because he loved his daughter, he loved her so damn much, but purposely having another didn't seem like the right choice to make.

Harry kissed Leah's head just as the baby tried to break away from his hold, and let a big scream while at it.

"No, you're gonna fall off the bed" Harry told her.

But Leah complained, so Harry put her right on the middle of the bed, and let go of her, but kept a close eye on her.

And surely, Leah started crawling to the bottom of the bed, and just as she was about to fall down on her head, Harry caught her.

"See? You can't be trusted" Harry told her.

"Why can't she be trusted?" Louis asked as he walked inside the bedroom holding a tray with breakfast.

"Because she almost dropped on her head when I let her crawl on her own, but I caught her" Harry explained.

"I'm glad you caught her" Louis chuckled while he set the tray down, and then sat on his side of the bed "Breakfast is served".

"Thanks you, love" Harry smiled as Louis took Leah from him.

"You're welcome" Louis replied and took a piece of toast with his free hand "So what are the plans for today?".

"We don't have plans" Harry shrugged.

"Good, because I want us to go to the shops to get Leah some clothes" Louis replied.

"What does she need?" asked Harry.

"A lot of stuff, almost none of her clothes fit her anymore, she's gotten too big" Louis explained.

"Oh, okay" Harry agreed "I guess we can go shopping".

"Great" Louis said happily.

"You know kids are a lot more expensive than I ever thought" Harry said, and took a sip from his coffee.

"What?" Louis frowned.

"Before having Leah, I never knew how much money people spent on their kids, and it's a lot, isn't it?" Harry considered "It's clothes, nappies, daycare, food, not to mention the big stuff like the stroller, the high chair, the crib, and then it will be a bed, and shoes and whatever else she will need as she grows up".

"Why are you telling me this? I already know it" Louis said looking confused.

"I'm not telling you, I'm just commenting it, because I realized how expensive it is to have even one kid, it's even difficult to save money each month" Harry explained.

"Oh, so this is your way to let me know again that you don't want another baby?" Louis asked, and he sounded a little bitter.

"I'm just saying that it's expensive to have one kid, so yeah, having another one would be a lot more expensive, specially considering we wouldn't even have space for another one here, so I would have to sell this flat and buy a bigger one, and with the prices in this city..." Harry sighed "It's crazy to even consider it".