EIGHTEEN

HARRY

Christmas break was starting at the University, which meant Harry had two weeks off, and he absolutely hated it.

He didn't like the holidays, he hadn't liked them in years, ever since he lost his entire family on that date, so he didn't even celebrate Christmas.

The car crash had happened on the evening of December 23rd, it had been snowing, and his parents had taken him and his sister ice skating, and as they headed home, the car skidded, and they crashed against a huge truck that was coming the opposite away.

Harry knew his dad died instantly, he remembered there being blood everywhere around him, and he also remembered his mum being conscious, but not being able to move, he remembered she was trapped, but she still kept telling him everything would be alright.

But it wasn't, nothing was right after that night.

He remembered the ambulance and the firefighters coming, and him being taken out of the car along with his sister, who was unconscious, and he remembered calling after his parents because he didn't want to go in the ambulance without them.

He remembered the paramedics working on his sister as they took them to the nearest hospital, and then doctors taking her away when they got there, and him getting stitches on the cut on his forehead.

He remembered his grandmother arriving at the hospital, and her holding him, and telling him that the doctors were working on his mum and sister, and that they were going to do everything they could to make sure they were okay.

But the doctors couldn't save either of them, they both died on the operating table due to their injuries, in the early hours of Christmas Eve.

So given the circumstance, Harry had nothing to celebrate on Christmas, and he had slowly become some sort of Grinch, to the point where he always spent December 23rd, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day alone, despite Niall's yearly invitation to go spend the holidays with him and his family.

"Please, Harry" Niall begged "It's Charlie's first Christmas".

"That's why I brought him a present, but that's going to have to be enough" Harry shrugged.

"But he wants to spend Christmas with his favorite uncle" Niall pouted, and looked at Charlie who was in his arms, he had just woken up from a nap, and seemed to still be sleepy.

"No, he doesn't" Harry denied "He doesn't even like me".

"He loves you" Niall insisted.

Harry chuckled as he shook his head.

"You know, you're going to have to learn to celebrate Christmas again if you're going to be a dad" Niall pointed out while he softly played with Charlie's light brown hair.

And hearing that was enough for Harry's mood to go to hell.

"I still don't know if she's mine" Harry mumbled.

"Wait, she?" Niall smiled as he stopped what he had been doing.

"Uhm... yeah, Louis said it's a girl the day I told him I arranged the DNA testing" Harry explained.

"Aww, a baby girl" Niall cooed.

"Don't" Harry stopped him

"Fine" Niall agreed "So do you know why Louis hasn't gone to have his blood drawn yet?".

"He actually did already" Harry admitted.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Niall asked wide eyed "When will the results be ready?".