TWENTY

LOUIS

Louis was 36 weeks pregnant, and he had no idea where time had gone.

And he was actually nervous, but not about giving birth, he had done that before; he was nervous about being a parent to the baby he was going to give birth to, because that was something he had never done before.

But he kept telling himself that he could do it, that he could be a good parent, and besides, after his conversation with Harry, he was glad that he wasn't going to do it completely alone.

And even though it had been a while now since everything went down with Dr. Kraus, Louis was still a little concerned about that, because there was always the chance that someone was going to show up to arrest him at any time or place.

At least now if that happened, he would know that his daughter had her father to take care of her.

"I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow" Louis announced after he and Zayn finished having dinner.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Zayn offered right away.

"No, you have to work, and I was actually thinking about asking Harry to go with me" Louis explained.

"Will he want to go?" questioned Zayn.

"I don't know" Louis shrugged.

"Have you even heard from him?" Zayn wanted to know.

"Not since the day after we got together, and he texted to ask for my bank account information to send me the child support money he promised" Louis explained.

"At least he sent you money" Zayn considered.

"Yeah" Louis sighed, as he thought about it "But he said he wanted to be in her life, so I think I am going to ask him".

"Let me know if he says no, then I'll go with you instead" Zayn offered.

"Thanks, Z" Louis smiled.

Louis then went to his room, to have a little more privacy as he made the call, and hesitated a bit, until he finally called his daughter's father.

"Hello?" Harry picked up.

"Hey, Harry" Louis greeted him.

"Are you in labor?" Harry asked, a little alarm in his voice.

"Not yet, no" Louis denied.

"Oh" Harry said sounding relieved "Then what's up?".

"I just wanted to let you know that I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, to check on the baby and everything, and I was wondering if you would like to go with me" Louis offered.

"Oh" Harry said, sounding surprised this time "Uhm... what time is the appointment?".

"4:00".

"P.M?".

"Obviously" Louis rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, that was a stupid question" Harry apologized "Uhm... yeah, I think I could make it".

"Yeah?".

"Sure" Harry replied "Text me the address and I'll meet you there".

"Alright" Louis agreed.

"Thank you for inviting me" said Harry.

"You're her father, Harry" Louis pointed out.

"Yeah" Harry breathed "I am".

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow, then" Louis said to end the call.

"See you tomorrow" Harry said back "Bye, Louis".