FORTY

LOUIS

"What if I told you I love you?" Louis dared to ask.

It scared him to say it, but it was what he felt.

The day that Harry offered to help him look for a job, by sending Louis' resume to his friends, and putting himself on the line while at it, Louis realized that he was in love with Harry.

He had been thinking about it before, about how to describe the way he felt for Harry, and that day there had been no doubt in his mind that he loved him.

Harry seemed a little out of words with that confession, though, and Louis started to panic.

Would he get off the train on the next station and then catch a train back home?

And while that went through his head he realized  maybe he had made a mistake, and that this hadn't been the right time.

He felt stupid, because he knew how Harry was, and now he was not only taking him to stay with his parents for the weekend, he had now also told him he was in love with him.

Of course he was going to freak out!

"You love me?" Harry finally spoke.

"Yes..." Louis answered honestly.

"You're not just saying that to prove your point that I get scared easily when it comes to feelings?" Harry wondered.

"I would never do that, Harry" Louis said very seriously "And I know it might scare you to hear it, but I do love you".

"I don't know..." Harry started, and he was clearly uncomfortable "What to say to that".

"You don't have to say anything" Louis replied, even though he would have given anything for Harry to say those words back.

"Here" Harry said, and gave Leah to Louis to hold.

As soon as Louis took her in his arms, Harry got up from his seat.

"Where are you going?" Louis wondered.

"I need some air" Harry declared, and walked away.

Louis watched him as he reached the end of their carriage, and opened the door, going to the next one, and to be completely honest that scared Louis.

Was he going to get off the train?

No...

He wouldn't actually do that, right?

Louis waited over 20 minutes with Leah in his arms, and had decided maybe he should text him or call him to make sure that he wasn't going to leave, but that was when he came back, and he sat right where he had been before.

"Where were you?" Louis questioned.

"I told you I needed some air" Harry replied, and took Leah back from Louis.

"And are you okay?".

"Yes" Harry smiled "I'm okay, and also... I love you too".

"What?" Louis asked wide eyed.

"You said you love me, and I'm saying I love you back" Harry explained.

"You don't have to say it if it's not how you feel" Louis pointed out.

"But I do feel it" Harry confirmed "It was true when I told you that you make me feel things I've never felt before, and one of those feeling is love... I love you, Lou".

Louis bit his lip, but then smiled widely, because hearing Harry say that made him happier than he thought hearing that would make him.

"So you're not scared of it?" Louis wondered.