SEVENTY FIVE

LOUIS

The morning of the hearing, they woke up and got ready very early, in part because they wanted to do everything calmly and also because they had stayed up almost the entire night between Flynn's cries and both their nerves.

Then Harry left to drop Leah off at daycare, and Louis stayed to wait for Alexandra, the new nanny, to arrive, and told each other they would meet in Court.

"Hi Alexandra" Louis greeted her "Come in".

"Thanks" Alexandra said as she took off her coat "Where's Flynn?".

"He's sleeping in the crib in his and Leah's room" Louis explained "He'll probably wake up soon, though".

"Okay" Alexandra.

Louis took time to explain to her some things about Flynn, and showed her where everything was, and as he was doing that, Flynn woke up, so Louis went to get him.

"Alright, I need to go now" Louis said as he bounced Flynn, and he kissed his little head "Bye, baby boy, I'll be back in a few hours".

Then he carefully transferred him into Alexandra's arms.

"I know you have mine and Harry's numbers, but just in case I left my mum's and my dad's numbers on the fridge in case anything urgent happens and we don't pick up" Louis explained.

"Okay" Alexandra agreed "But I'm sure nothing will happen".

"Yeah" Louis nodded, and grabbed his jacket.

"Good luck" Alexandra said.

"Thank you" Louis replied, and opened the front door to leave.

Right before the interviews, Louis had decided not to tell the potential nannie's why they were hiring them, or maybe make up a story about him having to work in other city for a few months. But Harry made him see that they couldn't lie, that the lies never lead to anything good, and Louis realized he was right, so they told the truth.

So Alexandra knew where Louis was going now, and she also knew that they needed her to take care of Flynn for 6 months while Harry worked, because Louis was going to go to jail. And to be fair, she reacted quite well to it, which was in part why Louis liked her the most from the other candidates.

By the time he arrived at the courthouse, Harry was already waiting there, and he greeted him with a kiss on the lips.

"Was Flynn okay with Alexandra?" Harry wondered.

"I think so" Louis nodded.

"And how are you feeling?" Harry asked.

"Nervous" Louis confessed.

"It will be over soon" Harry said.

"It's all just starting, babe" Louis sighed.

"I know" Harry admitted, and kissed his forehead.

They went inside the courthouse, where they met Liam. Shortly after, Louis' parents arrived, and Liam told them and Harry to go sit in the audience, and then him and Louis went to sit at the front, apparently Louis' hearing was the first of the morning.

Louis' knee kept shaking as they waited for the hearing to start, and no matter how much he told himself to calm down, he wasn't able to: he was about to get sentenced to jail.

Then the judge came into the room, and everyone stood up, and that's when Louis noticed the judge was not the same as last time.

"It's not the same judge" Louis whispered.

"I know, don't worry" Liam whispered back.

They all sat down then, as the judge said the name of the case, but then quietly looked at some papers in front of him for a long time.