TWENTY NINE

LOUIS

Louis got to the restaurant where he was supposed to meet Niall for lunch, but he didn't see him there, so he sat down at a table, putting the stroller right next to him, so he could see Leah properly.

A waiter came over a few minutes later with a bread basket, which he left on the table, and he gave him a menu, and offered him something to drink while he waited (he just ordered water), and Louis took the opportunity to ask him for a high chair, knowing Niall was coming with Charlie.

He was about to start looking at the menu, when he saw Niall walk inside the restaurant, and he was holding Charlie on his hip, which was stretching the jumper he was wearing, making his baby bump more noticeable.

Not that it wasn't noticeable, because it was; Louis knew Niall was around 7 months pregnant by now, as he was due in July, and it was now May.

"Hey!" Niall said with a big smile.

"Hi, Niall" Louis got up to give him a hug "It's great to see you".

He hadn't seen him in a couple of weeks, and he had actually missed talking to him (although they texted frequently).

"You too" Niall replied, just as the waiter came over with the high chair Louis had asked for earlier "Thanks".

"Hi, Charlie" Louis smiled at the toddler while Niall sat him in the chair.

"Hi" Charlie said cutely.

"Good job" Niall praised him as he secured him on the chair, and gave him a sippy cup that he took from the baby bag he was carrying.

Then Niall sat down on the chair across from Louis, and sighed.

"You seem tired" Louis pointed out.

"I am a bit" Niall replied, as he grabbed a piece of bread from the basket, and started giving little bits to his son "Charlie went from barely walking on his own to running in a matter of days, so all I do all day is run after him, which is not easy to do while being this pregnant".

"Sounds rough" Louis admitted.

"I can't complain, it's my own fault, I was the one who chose to have kids so close together" Niall shrugged.

"You can still complain if you want to" Louis assured him.

"Tell that to my husband".

"I will when I see him" Louis smiled "So how's the baby?".

"Kicking like crazy, but that's also my fault, I ate a brownie earlier, and I think it gave her a sugar rush" Niall explained "But she's doing great, we went to the doctor a few days ago, and the doctor said she's growing and developing perfectly".

"That's what matters most" Louis grinned.

"What about Leah? I can't see her, is she awake?" Niall asked trying to see inside the stroller, but it was with it's back to Niall.

"She fell asleep on our way here" Louis said looking at her, making sure she hadn't woken up, and she hadn't "I'll let you know when she wakes up".

The waiter from before came to offer Niall something to drink, and then took their lunch order.

"So how's Harry? I haven't seen him or talked to him in a while" Niall commented.

"Really?" Louis asked, because he knew Niall always talked to Harry.

"Yeah, I mean... it's been a few days" Niall explained "I bet you saw him more recently".

"I saw him this morning" Louis said truthfully.