FORTY ONE

HARRY

Harry woke up first that morning, and he stretched his arms before he looked to his side where Louis was sleeping.

Because even though Louis was technically living at his own flat right now, he spent most nights at Harry's place, and Harry had absolutely no problem with that.

Louis was fast asleep, and Harry just watched him for a few minutes, which, yes, was kind of creepy, but Louis looked so beautiful when he slept, Harry couldn't help himself. Well, Louis always looked beautiful, and that was because he was beautiful.

And he wasn't only beautiful, he was also funny and sweet, and so kind, and he was a great listener... not to mention he was extraordinary in bed.

And the way Harry felt for him was something he never knew he could feel, or could even be felt by anyone. It had caught him by surprise, that's for sure, but once he had embraced that it was love what he felt for his boyfriend, it had all made sense, and now he was happier than he had ever been.

He reached out, and stroked Louis' cheek gently, which made Louis make a little noise that told him he had woken up.

"Is Leah up?" Louis asked sleepily.

"Not yet" Harry answered.

Louis smiled, and moved closer to Harry, which Harry knew meant he wanted a cuddle, so he gave him that, as well as a kiss.

"Baby..." Harry started.

"Hmm?" Louis hummed.

"I love you" Harry told him.

Louis smiled again, and opened his blue eyes, and gave Harry a kiss.

"I love you too" Louis said, and put his arm across Harry's chest "So much".

Harry traced his finger across Louis' arm for a while, trying to decide if this was the right time to ask Louis something, but he got his answer when they heard Leah making noise through the baby monitor.

"I'll get her" Louis decided, gave Harry a peck on the lips, and got up from the bed.

Then Louis left the bedroom, and Harry stretched in the bed, and then got up too, because it was Monday, and he had to go to work.

So he fed Otto, who right away demanded breakfast, and then he went to take a shower, and when he came out of the bathroom, he got dressed, and went to have breakfast, which Louis was starting to make.

"Harry, can you give Leah her food while I make our breakfast?" Louis asked as he pointed at Leah's purple bowl which was on the counter.

"Yeah..." Harry agreed, and picked up the small bowl and spoon, and went up to Leah, who was sitting in her high chair "Hi, baby, ready for your food?".

Leah kicked her little legs as if she was excited, and then giggled, her blue eyes doing the same thing Louis' eyes did when he smiled.

"It looks like you got apple sauce today, that's so yummy" Harry smiled as he got the first spoonful to Leah's mouth.

And Leah ate it happily, because she was honestly great at eating everything they gave her, the only food she had ever rejected was pea purée, which to be fair, not even Harry liked.

"Is it good?" Harry asked as he cleaned Leah's mouth with the spoon "You want more?".

Leah opened her mouth again, which meant she wanted more, so Harry went ahead and gave her more.

"Harry?" Louis said as he put two mugs on the table.

"Mmm?".

"I think maybe we shouldn't take Leah to daycare today, it's not like I have something to do" Louis considered.