SEVENTY THREE

LOUIS

When Louis and Harry arrived home, they found the babysitter trying to get Flynn to drink from a bottle, and failing miserably, so Louis took him right away, and fed him himself.

Harry paid the babysitter, and thanked her for taking care of Flynn, and then she left.

"My baby boy" Louis cooed as he watched his baby eat "I thought about you all night, I'm sorry I wasn't here".

"We made it work, so don't worry, he didn't starve" Harry explained.

"Thank you, babe" Louis said.

"Don't thank me, he's my son" Harry said softly.

"I know, but I'm the one who's supposed to feed him, and you just had surgery, oh my god, are you okay?" Louis asked worried.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me" Harry said dismissively "How are you? Tell me the truth" Harry asked.

"I'm scared, Harry" Louis said as his eyes filled with tears "I don't want to go to jail".

"You won't".

"Babe, we need to face reality, there's a big chance that I will, I did this, I'm guilty" Louis reminded him.

"Yes, but Liam will help us" Harry tried to calm Louis down.

"He can't change the facts, and the facts are that I did something ilegal, and they have proof of it

"Let's just wait until Liam comes here later, okay? He said he would be here this afternoon to discuss the options, so I think we need to have this conversation after he tells us how he sees this" Harry said calmly.

"You would wait for me right? If I go to jail? You would wait for me?" Louis asked.

"Lou..." Harry sighed.

"Promise me you would wait" Louis begged.

"What makes you think I wouldn't? We're engaged, babe" Harry told him.

"I know, but still....".

"I want to be with you forever, jail or no jail" Harry declared "But you won't go to jail, you can't go to jail".

"I'm sorry this is happening, if I could turn back time I wouldn't do what I did, no money is worth even the thought of missing part of my kid's lives" Louis said, and now he felt the tears roll down his cheeks "I'm sorry".

"Everything will be okay, and you won't miss anything, okay? You'll be here for every second of Leah and Flynn's lives" Harry assured him.

"There's nothing I want more" Louis sighed and looked down at his baby boy "Can you go pick up Leah? I need to give her a hug".

"Of course, baby" Harry smiled softly, and kissed his lips.

Harry left after making sure that Louis was okay, and Louis held Flynn for a while, even though his baby had fallen asleep. Spending the night away from him, having never done it before, has been a nightmare, so now he never wanted to do it again.

Eventually, though, he put him down so Flynn could sleep without disruptions, as he needed to make a phone call, a very important one. It was a hard phone call to make though, because it meant he was going to disappoint his family once again.

But they deserved to know what was happening, even if it broke their hearts.

"Hello?" Louis' mum picked up.

"Hi mum, are you busy?" Louis asked her.

"I just started my lunch break, so I'm all ears" Jay replied "How are you darling? How's Flynn? And Leah?".