THIRTY FOUR

HARRY

Harry woke up with his eyes wet with tears, and he was breathing heavily.

He had had a dream.

A nightmare.

A nightmare he used to have all the time when he was a child and a teenager, but as an adult, he only had it sometimes, like when he was stressed or worried about something.

The nightmare was really a memory of the night he lost his family, that's why it always upset him so much; it was enough to remember every detail of that night when he was awake, he hated seeing it in his dreams too.

He had actually been having the nightmare every other night for the last two weeks, and he knew now that it had started when he learnt the truth about Louis, and the fact that there was a chance that he could go to jail, and that terrified him, because if it happened, it meant he would have to raise Leah on his own, at least for a while.

Harry dried the tears from his eyes, and got up from the bed, and went to the kitchen to find a glass, and he filled it with water, knowing that drinking it would help him calm down.

Otto had followed him to the kitchen, so when he was done, he changed the water from Otto's bowl, and he gave the dog breakfast, only to go check on Leah afterwards, as she had spent the night with him.

He went inside the baby's room very quietly, but realized he hadn't need to, because when he peeked inside the crib, he saw Leah was awake, and she was kicking her little feet, but was completely silent.

"Hi, baby" Harry smiled, and picked her up "Why are you so quiet this morning? If I knew you were awake I would've come get you sooner".

Harry kissed her little head, and then checked her nappy, and it was clean, which wasn't strange, he had changed her around 4 in the morning.

"Are you hungry?" Harry asked her as he walked out of the room with her to go to the kitchen "I'll make you a bottle, okay?".

He made the bottle while still holding the baby, and then he sat on the couch, and fed his daughter, while he talked to her, and told her how much he loved her and how perfect she was.

Honestly, he told her those things all the time, because he never wanted Leah to doubt how much her dad loved her, and in a way, he knew he was doing it to try to compensate for the way he acted before she was born.

It was around noon, when he got a text from Louis saying he would be picking up Leah around 2:30 and to please have her ready to go at that time.

To Louis: sure, no problem

From Louis: thanks

To Louis: but if you want, you can come earlier and stay for lunch, I'm going to cook

From Louis: thanks for the offer, but I'm having lunch with Zayn

Harry was not surprised by that answer, he was honestly expecting it, as he had noticed that Louis was acting different lately, more distant. And at first he thought maybe it happened as a result of him telling him the truth about the surrogacy thing. But then Harry realized it had started happening even before that, truth be told, they hadn't had sex in about a month.

And strangely enough, he kind of missed hanging out with Louis, as he considered him his friend by now, and he had gotten used to spending time with him. And no, it wasn't just the sex he missed, although he did miss that specific thing a lot, it was everything.

Harry ended up having lunch alone, because Leah fell asleep right before he finished cooking, and Otto decided to take a nap too, which meant he didn't even have them to keep him company, but it was alright, he was used to doing things on his own.