SIXTY

HARRY

The detectives left, and Harry closed the door, and looked at Louis.

"I'm gonna go to jail, aren't I?" Louis whispered.

"You're not going to jail" Harry denied, and wrapped him tightly in his arms.

"I can't go to jail" Louis said, his voice muffled.

"Baby..." Harry said, and made Louis look up at him "We're not even sure what this is about".

"It's obvious what it's about" Louis said, and his eyes filled with tears.

"Maybe" Harry said, trying to remain calm "But they haven't arrested you, which could mean they're not planning to, and besides, we're going to be very smart about this, alright?".

"How do we do that?" Louis wanted to know.

"We're going to call Liam, he's a criminal defense lawyer, and we're going to ask him to go with us to the station tomorrow" Harry explained "He'll know how to handle this properly, okay?".

"Okay" Louis agreed shyly.

Harry kept his arms around his boyfriend to reassure him, then he gave him a kiss on his forehead to assure him that things would be okay, and to let him know that he was here for him, but then he took out his phone, and right away called his best friend's husband.

"Hey, Harry" Liam picked up after a few rings "Are you calling for Niall? Because he's not home from work yet".

"No, I wanted to talk to you" Harry explained, as Louis walked away from him.

"Sure, what's up?".

"Uhm... just now a couple of detectives came to our flat, and they wanted Louis to go with them to the station" Harry explained right away, there was no need to go around it.

"Did Louis go?" Liam asked, his voice worried.

"No" Harry replied "I told them Louis wouldn't go with them, that if he wasn't under arrest, they couldn't make him".

"That was the right call" Liam approved "Did they say exactly what they wanted Louis for?".

"No, they only said they thought Louis had key information to a case they're investigating, and they would explain at the station, but we're pretty certain it's about the surrogacy thing" Harry explained, knowing Liam knew about it.

"Yeah, that's what I thought" Liam replied.

"One of the detectives gave us her card and told Louis to be at the station tomorrow at 10 AM the latest or she was going to get a court's order" Harry continued to explain "I'm obviously going to go with Louis, and I was hoping you could come with us? And before you say anything, I'm going to pay you, or the firm where you work? You tell me how it works, and I'll pay anything".

"First of all, I'm going to be there tomorrow" Liam replied "And second of all, don't worry about paying me, that's not necessary".

"No, but I know you can only take cases the firm gives you, Niall told me once, so it's important" Harry insisted.

"This might not even turn into a case, Harry, it will probably just be the one interview, so don't worry about it".

"What if it's more than that?".

"We'll figure it out later, okay?" Liam proposed.

"Okay" Harry agreed.

"Now can you send me a picture of the card the detective gave you? I'll try to ask around about her, and if anyone knows about any of her ongoing investigations" Liam explained.