THIRTEEN

LOUIS

Louis was living in constant fear.

Every time the doorbell in his flat rang he thought it was the police looking for him.

Every time he went outside and he saw a police car or a policeman, he though they were there for him and were going to arrest him.

But none of it had happened, and it had been over a week since it all happened.

Louis was trying to stay optimist, and kept telling himself that things would be alright, but there was that thing in the back of his mind that kept telling him otherwise, which meant he couldn't relax, and was constantly on edge.

But that day something good had happened, and it was that Louis had managed to get a few shifts at a local drugstore as a cashier, which paid like shït, but it was something, and he started tomorrow.

And having gotten a job meant that he needed to come clean about why he was getting a job, meaning, he had to tell people that he was pregnant with his own baby and that he would be keeping her, so he needed money to support her.

And Louis decided that the first person he would tell was Zayn, because they were flatmates, and would notice that Louis suddenly had a job, and he was also his best mate, and he trusted him.

"I'm home" Zayn announced that day when he got to the flat.

"Hey, I'm almost done with dinner" Louis said from the kitchen.

"What are you making?" Zayn asked interested as he showed up at the kitchen.

"Your favorite" Louis smiled.

"Tacos?" Zayn smiled back.

"Since when are tacos your favorite dish?" Louis frowned.

"I don't know" Zayn shrugged.

"I thought your favorite was pesto pasta" Louis said.

"I love that" Zayn said happily "Is that what we're having?".

"Yeah" Louis said, and lifted the lid of the pot where he had the food.

"Smells great" Zayn pointed out.

"It is great" Louis said cockily.

"What's the occasion?" Zayn questioned.

"I want to talk to you about something" Louis confessed.

"Sounds serious" Zayn commented.

"It is" Louis bit his lip.

"Is it bad?" Zayn questioned, his tone worried.

"No" Louis denied "Just go sit at the table, and we'll talk".

Zayn agreed, and when Louis had everything ready, he served the food, and set it on their small table, and they both started eating.

"So..." Zayn said after a few minutes.

"Alright... uhm" Louis hesitated, he was really nervous.

"Lou, what is it?" Zayn asked kindly.

"You know how I work as a surrogate?" Louis said putting his left hand on his bump.

"Yes" Zayn nodded.

"Well, I'm not anymore" Louis explained.

"What?" Zayn asked, his face confused.

"I'm not a surrogate anymore".

"But you're pregnant" Zayn stated.

"Yes, but I'm not a surrogate" Louis cleared up.

"I don't understand what you mean, Lou" Zayn said slowly.