THIRTY SIX

LOUIS

Leah woke up twice during the night, and both times Harry didn't wake up, or at least he pretended not to wake up, so Louis went to tend to her both times.

And the same thing happened when the baby woke up in the morning. But when Louis walked out of Leah's room, holding her, having fed her and changed her, he found Harry in the kitchen.

"Hey" Louis said a little shyly.

"Hey" Harry said back without looking at him, he was focusing on making himself a bien of cereal "There's coffee if you want".

"Okay..." Louis trailed off.

The atmosphere was so awkward and uncomfortable, that Louis just wanted to run out of there.

"Do you mind if I take a shower?" Louis decided to ask.

"No, go ahead" Harry allowed.

"Thanks" Louis replied, being relieved not having to stay there "Can you hold Leah?",

Harry took the baby, without saying anything, and Louis went to the bedroom to get some of his things, then grabbed a clean towel from where he knew Harry kept them, and he went to the bathroom.

He probably took longer in there than he should've, and he came out, he quickly got dressed in the bedroom, and got ready to leave.

"You're still okay staying home with Leah, right?" Louis asked Harry.

"Yes" Harry replied without looking at him.

He was actually sitting on the floor of the living room playing with Leah and some toys.

"Okay, thanks" Louis replied "I'll be back as soon as I can".

"Sure" Harry said.

Louis walked up to them to say goodbye to Leah, then said a quick 'bye' to Harry, and got out of there, walking faster than he probably needed to.

And in all honesty, it felt like a relief to leave, because after last night's events, it was embarrassing to be facing Harry.

He now really regretted having said anything, and he wished he could take it back.

He wondered if he could come up with some sort of explanation (lie, really), to tell Harry, and make him believe that he meant something completely different with his words.

His thoughts were momentarily interrupted when his phone started buzzing, and he picked up when he saw it was Zayn calling.

"Hey, are you at the flat already?" Zayn asked.

"Not yet, but I'm on my way" Louis replied "Why?".

"I finally got a hold on the owner, and he's going to the flat now to see the damage" Zayn explained "He was pretty evasive when I told him he needed to pay for the damage and the repair, so you need to be firm with him when you see him".

"Okay..." Louis agreed, but he honesty wasn't good in that kind of situation "But what if he says no?".

"If he says no, you tell him we'll be leaving the flat" Zayn declared.

"Where will we live? And won't he sue us? Our contract is until the end of the year".

"He's the one breaching the contract if he doesn't repair the damage" Zayn stated.

"Since when are you a lawyer?" questioned Louis.

"I did research last night" Zayn replied "Just tell him what I just told you".

"Maybe it's best if it comes from you" Louis told his friend.

"I can't, mate, I'm on my way to work" Zayn answered "Just be confident, and let me know how it goes".