SIXTY ONE

LOUIS

They arrived at the police station 10 minutes to 10, and Liam right away took the lead and said he would go ask for Detective Marshall.

"I don't know if it's okay for Leah to be here, maybe you should take her to daycare, and you can stay at the University if you have work to do" Louis told Harry.

"No, I want to stay here" Harry assured him, and then looked at their daughter in her stroller "And Leah's fine".

"Okay" Louis nodded.

Harry kissed Louis' forehead, and put his arm around the other man's shoulders to keep him close.

"Louis" Liam said as he came back to them.

"Yeah?" Louis asked.

"They were waiting for you, so we're going right in" Liam explained.

"Uhm... okay" Louis nodded, and looked at Harry.

"Good luck" Harry told him, and gave him a kiss "We'll be waiting for you right here".

"Okay..." Louis replied, and tried to smile, but it was impossible.

He then followed Liam, and they hadn't walked much when he was met with detective Marshall.

"Mr. Tomlinson, I'm glad you decided to join us" the woman told him.

"Sure" Louis replied, trying his best to play it cool.

"It's not necessary for your lawyer to join us, though, it will just be a short chat" Detective Marshall claimed.

"I think it is necessary" Liam spoke "You can lead the way".

The detective nodded, and lead them to a small room, which only had a table on it, and she asked Louis and Liam to take a seat on one side while she sat across from them.

Louis had obviously never been in a room like this before, but it was shocking how much it looked like what you always saw in a movie, there was even a mirror on the wall, one which was probably see through.

"So... Mr. Tomlinson" Detective Marshall said, and put a folder on the table, but kept it closed.

"Yes?" Louis asked back.

"Why do you think I asked you to come here?" the detective asked.

"I have no idea" Louis shrugged.

The detective looked at Liam, who hadn't spoken, and then she sat up a little straighter, and folded her hands together over the table.

"If you have no idea why did you bring a lawyer with you?" Detective Marshall questioned.

"My client has a right to have an attorney present during any questioning by the police whether or not he knows what it's about" Liam spoke "Bur please explain to us why you wanted him here".

The detective seemed to not like that, but she didn't even look at Liam, and spoke to Louis again.

"The person you live with... last night when he opened the door he said his name is Harry Styles?" Detective Marshall asked.

"Yes..." Louis said feeling a little lost as to why she was mentioning Harry.

"He said you're pregnant" Detective Marshall declared.

And that's when Louis knew that this was definitely about the surrogacy, there was no doubt about it.

"I am" Louis confirmed, still trying not to show anything.

He was wearing a thick and baggy jumper, and his bump wasn't that big, so it wasn't evident that he was pregnant to someone who didn't know.

"Tell me, then, is that your baby you're pregnant with?" the detective asked.