SEVENTY TWO

HARRY

Harry stayed on the bed while Louis went to open the door. He had Leah cuddled up to him, but she was starting to get restless, and he was in too much pain to play with her or even do anything.

"Harry!" Louis suddenly called.

There was something in his voice, a hint of fear, even panic, which made Harry forget all about the pain in his crotch, and he got up fast, to go see what was happening.

And when he saw it, he couldn't believe his eyes, because the detective from a few months ago was there, as well as police officers, who were putting handcuffs on Louis as they told him his rights.

"No, stop, what are you doing?" Harry demanded, feeling desperate, even though he knew perfectly well what this was about "He hasn't done anything".

"We have a warrant" the detective said dryly while Otto barked at her.

"Harry" Louis cried "The kids...".

"We have a newborn, have some compassion" Harry tried as they started walking away with Louis.

"Please call Liam" Louis begged, as tears kept falling down his cheeks.

"I will, don't worry" Harry swore as he walked down the hallway with them "I'll fix this, Lou, everything will be okay".

The detective, policemen and Louis got on the elevator, and the last thing he saw as the door closed was Louis' crying face, and he felt like he could throw up.

"Fuck!" Harry exclaimed as he pulled his hair back nervously.

But he knew he had to act fast, so he went back to the flat, and when he did he realized that Leah and Otto had followed him out to the hallway.

"Mummy?" Leah asked, her eyes wide and confused.

"Mummy's okay, he just had to leave for a little while" Harry explained as he bent down to pick her up, which wasn't easy considering his very recent surgery "Come on, Otto".

The dog followed them back inside the flat, and Harry closed the door, going straight to the bedroom to find his phone.

He put Leah down on the bed, and with nervous hands he looked for Liam's contact and called him.

"Hey Harry, can I call you back? I'm-" Liam said when he picked up.

"Liam, they took him" Harry cut him off.

"What?" Liam asked confused.

"They took him, they took Louis, the detective from before, she came here with two policemen and they had a warrant, so they arrested Louis and took him" Harry explained as fast as he could while he paced around the bedroom.

"Shit, Harry" Liam said, and he could hear the shock in his voice.

"You have to get him out, I need him, the kids need him, Flynn's only 3 weeks old! And Leah... I didn't realize, but she saw them take him, and I can tell she's confused" Harry rambled as he looked at his little girl, who was sitting on the big bed looking at her dad quietly "Please help us, Liam".

"I will, of course I will" Liam replied very calmly "I'm gonna see to this right now, and I'll call you as soon as I have news, okay?".

"Thank you so much" Harry said feeling at least a little relieved.

Liam said goodbye, and ended the call, and although Harry felt a bit better knowing that his friend was on his way to help Louis, he still felt sick about this.

What had happened that they had a warrant for Louis' arrest? What evidence did they have against him?

Was Louis actually going to go to jail?