SIXTY TWO

HARRY

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" Harry asked Louis that morning.

It had only been a day since Louis' interview with the detective, and he had decided he needed to go talk to his parents right, and he wanted to do it in person.

"I'm sure" Louis replied "I'll just take a train right after I'm done with work, get there, talk to my parents, which will take an hour tops, and then I'll take a train back".

"Just be careful, okay?" Harry told him.

"With what?" asked Louis.

"I don't know, taking the train, crossing the street... it makes me nervous to have you away from me lately" Harry explained.

"Why?".

"Because you're pregnant, at that makes you more vulnerable, so I worry about you being okay" said Harry.

"Thank you for worrying, but I'll be fine, and we'll see each other tonight" Louis promised.

"Yeah" Harry nodded, and gave Louis a kiss "I love you".

"Love you too, babe" Louis replied.

Then Louis bent down in front of the stroller, where Harry had just strapped a not very happy Leah. Since she learnt to walk, she was liking the stroller less and less, but she was still too little to walk down the street, in the tube and all the way to daycare, and too heavy to be carried the entire time, so far now, the stroller was staying.

"Bye, my baby, I love you so much" Louis told the girl and gave her a kiss "Can you say bye bye mama? Bye bye?".

"Bah bah, mama" Leah repeated.

"Good job" Louis praised her "Have the best day, I'll see you tonight".

With that, Harry gave Louis another kiss goodbye, and left the flat with Leah, and they did they usual route, and when they got to the University, Harry dropped Leah off, making sure to tell them that Leah was going to be staying until 5, and then he went to his office.

But he honestly couldn't concentrate properly, because he kept thinking about the investigation Louis was involved in. And although it helped a little to know that they had Liam to help them through all of it, the truth was that Louis was guilty of a what was being investigated, so there was a chance that he could have to pay for it.

So he couldn't shake the feeling that when they least expected it, the detective was going to come knock on their door and arrest Louis.

Harry spent the entire morning thinking about it, even as he taught a class, but he did his best so his students didn't notice how distracted he was, but he wasn't sure if he was successful.

At around 1 PM, which was normally the time Harry ate lunch, he decided to go see Leah at the daycare, because that was the time her mum usually picked her up, so she was probably expecting him to take her home.

As soon as he got there, they let him in, as they all knew he was Leah's dad, and he found his daughter playing on a rug with a little boy that was her same age.

"Baby girl" Harry called his daughter the moment he saw her.

"Dada" Leah recognized him, and got up from the floor, and walked up to him a little wobbly.

"How's my Leah?" Harry asked, and he picked her up in his arms.

"Mama?" Leah asked cutely as she looked around.

"No, mama's not picking you up today, that's why I came see you for a bit" Harry explained although she probably didn't understand "And in a couple more hours I'm going to take you home, okay?".