THIRTY

HARRY

Harry had been nervous when he picked up Leah from Louis' place, but he had made sure to hide his nervousness, especially when he saw how anxious Louis seemed.

But as he made it home with the baby, he relaxed quite a lot because she seemed completely fine and happy with him, and that's what mattered most.

He played with her for a while, then he changed her happy, and he fed her, after which, she fell asleep, so Harry put her in her crib and made lunch for himself.

After he was done, he went to check on Leah, but she was still sleeping, so he just went to the living room to watch the telly.

Eventually, he hears Leah making little noises through the baby monitor, and he when he went to get her, he found her awake and kicking her little legs.

"Hi, Leah" Harry smiled as he took her from the crib "How did you sleep?".

He kissed her head, and closed his eyes as he thought how much he loved this tiny little girl. It was actually incomprehensible for him to understand, but once in a while he still tried to make sense of the love he felt for her.

"Should we go out for a walk?" Harry proposed.

It was May, which meant the weather wasn't that bad, it wasn't sunny by any means, but it was nice enough for a walk, and he figured he could take Leah to the park that was nearby.

So he put a fuzzy jacket on her, one that he had bought for her a few weeks ago, and he put the hoodie on so her head stayed warm. Then he grabbed the baby wrap that Louis had accidentally left behind a few days back, and he looked on YouTube how to put it on, which was kind of tricky.

"Your mum says you like this" Harry said to Leah as he finished strapping the baby to his chest "Do you? Are you comfortable?".

Leah didn't cry or complain, which Harry took as her being fine where she was, so he grabbed a jacket, then the dog leash, which he hooked to Otto's collar, and they left the flat.

He was a bit nervous as he walked down the street, and he kept checking on Leah, but she seemed okay, so the more he walked, he relaxed.

They reached the park, which was busy enough for a Saturday afternoon, but Harry found an empty bench, and he sat down there.

But Otto didn't like that, and he kept trying to run, but Harry was holding the leash tightly in his hand.

"Otto, stop it, we're not at the dog park, I can't let you run on your own" Harry told him.

But Otto kept at it, so Harry had no choice but to give up his bench, and he walked around the park, so his dog was happy.

Eventually, Otto got tired, or he seemed to be, so Harry decided to head back home, knowing that Leah was likely going to be hungry soon.

He was only two blocks away from home, when he saw a woman walking towards him, and although he hasn't seen her in a few years, he immediately recognized her.

And apparently so did her.

"Harry" the woman said, and she seemed as surprised as he was to see her.

"Hi, aunt Carol" Harry replied, his voice flat, he wasn't going to fake to feel happy to see her, he honestly didn't care about her "What are you doing here?".

"I was visiting a friend" Carol answered, but her eyes were focused on the baby strapped to Harry's chest "What about you? Do you live around here?".

"Yes, a few blocks away" Harry confirmed.

"I didn't know that" Carol commented "I also didn't know you had a dog... or a baby".