FIFTY TWO

LOUIS

Louis spent that weekend without Leah, which was sad no only because he missed her, but also because it gave him more time to think about his disastrous life.

Having Leah kept Louis busy, so he didn't have to think much about the fact that Harry wanted nothing to do with him, or the fact that he was pregnant and basically alone.

But without the baby, those things were all he thought about all weekend, so it was fair to say it was a pretty shîtty weekend.

And so, he was very thankful, when he got a text from Harry that Sunday evening, saying he was downstairs to give Leah back.

So Louis grabbed the door keys, and he went downstairs, and found Harry in the buildings lobby. He had the stroller with him, but he was holding Leah in his arms.

"Hey" Louis said as he walked up to them.

"Hi" Harry greeted him back.

"How did she do?" Louis questioned, although he had texted Harry over the weekend a few times to ask about the baby, and every time he had replied Leah was fine.

"She was fine" Harry repeated "She had a bottle and some food right before we left, so she should be good to go".

"Okay" Louis nodded.

Then Harry gave Leah a kiss, whispered something to her, and offered her to Louis.

"Hi, baby, how are you? Did you miss, mama?" Louis said as he took her.

"Ma-ma" Leah suddenly said.

"Did you just say mama?" Louis asked shocked, and his eyes filled with tears.

Stupid hormones!

"Ma-ma" Leah repeated load and clear, as she cuddled into her mum's chest.

"You said it!" Louis cooed, and kissed her cheek "You're so smart, baby".

"I guess you win the bet" Harry told him, and he had a little smile on his face.

"Yeah" Louis agreed "But I'm glad we both got to hear her say her first real word".

Because Leah babbled a lot, and imitated sounds, but this was her first real word.

"Me too" Harry replied, and he carefully stroked Leah's beanie covered head "I'll come by tomorrow to get Leah at the usual time".

Harry picked up Leah every morning to go to daycare, which made a lot of sense because Leah's daycare was at Harry's University, and that was his main daily time with Leah, because Louis was the one who usually picked her up from daycare.

"Okay" Louis agreed.

"Alright, bye" Harry simply said.

"Bye" Louis said back.

Harry left, and Louis went upstairs with the stroller and the baby, feeling happy that Leah had said her first word, and that she had done it in front of both her parents, but at the same time, he felt sad that it had happened in such an impersonal setting, while they were passing her off, because they were no longer together.

He went inside the flat, which was empty, Zayn and Gigi had gone out for the day, and because it was almost Leah's bedtime, he did her bedtime ritual, and unlike most days, Leah went to sleep right away.

The next couple of days went on like normal, except Louis anxiety kept growing and growing as he knew he needed to tell Harry about the baby, but he was dreading it.

He had actually made the decision to only tell Harry after he had the pregnancy confirmed with the doctor, but that was going to happen that Wednesday, as Louis had an appointment that afternoon.