EIGHTY THREE

HARRY

This was only the second year in which Harry was celebrating Christmas in over 20 years, and it felt incredibly sad to celebrate it without Louis.

That morning when he woke up, well, when Flynn woke him up, he felt the nostalgia of the date creeping up on him. He tried to shake it off, though, as he wanted Christmas morning to be a nice thing, not a moment filled with sadness.

"Good morning, Flynn" Harry said as he picked him up "Merry Christmas!".

Flynn was grumpy, though, so Harry changed his nappy, which improved his mood, and then went to make a bottle, which improved his mood further when he fed it to him.

Flynn was wearing Christmas pajamas, and so was Leah; Louis' mum had sent them for them to wear on Christmas morning, so Harry knew he needed to take pictures of them wearing the pajamas and send them to her.

"Good morning, Leah" Harry said as he went to get his daughter when she woke up, and took her from her crib "Merry Christmas".

Harry kissed her cheek, then changed her nappy, and took her to the living room where he had left Flynn in his bouncer. They looked adorable dressed identical, so Harry sat Leah next to their little Christmas tree, then put Flynn on her lap, and told Otto to sit with them.

But he was only able to take two pictures before Flynn had a meltdown, which caused Leah not to want to be near him, and she tried to throw him away from her, but Harry took him before that could happen.

Then Harry gave the kids their presents, which Leah opened on her own and even helped Harry open Flynn's, and he let them play for a bit before he got them ready to go to Niall's parents' house.

Everyone was very nice when they got there, and seemed genuinely happy that Harry and his kids were joining them to celebrate Christmas, as they all knew Louis was away, and the fact that Harry had never been a big fan of Christmas. He also received a brief call from Louis, which momentarily made him happy, but when they ended the call, it made him quite sad, as he wished he was there too.

They didn't get to see Louis until a week after New Year's, and although Louis had been able to call frequently up until then, it wasn't the same as seeing him in person.

"I missed you" Harry said as he hugged Louis.

"I missed you too, babe" Louis said back.

"How is everything?" Harry asked as they sat down to chat.

Leah sat on Louis' lap, while at the same time he held Flynn in his arms.

"Good I think" Louis answered and kissed Flynn's head "Liam was here yesterday, he's getting everything ready to try to get me an early release, he's submitting the request on Monday".

"Yeah, he mentioned it the other day" Harry replied "Did he tell you what he thinks your chances are?".

"He says they're good..." Louis considered "He thinks the only thing that could play against me is that stupid fight".

"That fight wasn't your fault".

"I know, and he's going to add to the request the tape of the incident, I haven't seen it, but he has and he says it's clear that I didn't do anything wrong" Louis explained "But it's still up for the board to decide".

"When will we know?" Harry wondered.

"Sometime at the end of the month" Louis explained.

"We have to keep the faith" Harry smiled.

"I know, I'm trying" Louis said and smiled back "Being with you and the kids helps me with that".

"Mummy" Leah said to Louis.