EIGHTY NINE

LOUIS

Louis felt nervous about leaving the country without his kids. And yes, they were only taking the train to France, which was a 2 hour journey, but it was still nerve wracking to know Leah and Flynn were going to be without either parent.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked after they had already sat down on their train seats, but were waiting for it to go.

"Yeah" Louis sighed, and rested his head on Harry's shoulder "Just thinking about our babies".

"I miss them too, but I think it will be good for us to spend time alone" Harry pointed out as he held Louis' hand.

"Yeah, I know" Louis smiled "We deserve it".

"We absolutely do" Harry confirmed.

The journey was very nice, and before they knew it, they were in Paris, where Louis had only been once, many years ago. It took them a while to get to their hotel, but once they did and they were shown to their room, the first thing Louis did was kick off his shoes and lay down on the bed.

"I'm exhausted" Louis claimed.

"I thought you were hungry" Harry pointed out.

"That too" Louis pouted.

It was pretty late, almost 10 PM, and they had only eaten snacks, not proper dinner.

"I'm gonna go wash up and we can go out to find somewhere to have dinner" Harry suggested.

"Okay, babe" Louis agreed as he put his hand on his belly, as he felt the baby move in there.

"Are you alright?" Harry questioned.

"Yeah, she's just moving" Louis smiled.

Harry smiled back, and after he came out of the bathroom, it was Louis' turn, and then they went out. Luckily they found a restaurant open that was close to the hotel, and they had a lovely dinner, and when they got back to their hotel room, they just went straight to sleep.

The next morning, they woke up early, and decided to go out sightseeing, but taking it easy as it was a very hot day and Louis was pregnant, so he couldn't over heat.

They stopped their morning sightseeing to have lunch at a nice bistro, where the food was delicious, and so were the desserts. After they finished, Louis did one last toilet trip while Harry paid the bill, so they could continue their sightseeing for the day.

Louis checked his phone as he came out of the toilet, and realized he had an email from the lab where he worked, and the subject said it was the results of the apprenticeship application.

His stomach tightened with nerves, and he hesitated for a moment before he opened the email, thinking maybe this wasn't the moment to open it. But curiosity won over and he clicked on it, and started reading.

'Dear Mr Tomlinson,
Thank you for your application. However, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected...'

That's all Louis needed to read to know he hadn't gotten it, and he felt like crying, actually, a few tears gathered in his eyes, but he blinked them away. Then he took a deep breath, put his phone away, and went back to his husband.

"Ready to go?" Harry smiled as he got up.

"Yeah" Louis nodded, and tried to smile, but failed at it.

"Alright, next stop the Arc de Triomphe" Harry announced.

"Uhm... can we go to the hotel instead?" Louis asked, because he didn't want to sightsee anymore.

"But you said a minute ago you wanted to go see the Arc de Triomphe" Harry frowned.