SEVEN

LOUIS

Louis had been putting off going to his mum's house, but it had reached a point where he couldn't keep at it.

The excuse of being nauseous all the time and not being able to travel wasn't cutting it anymore, especially because his mum had decided to come visit him considering he was so sick.

But Louis didn't want his mum to come over, because he had it in his head that if she came to him she would somehow find out the truth, whereas if he visited her, she wouldn't, because he would be able to leave at any point if she started to suspect something.

Maybe it didn't make any sense for some, but to Louis it did, so the minute Jay said she would come visit him that weekend, Louis magically said he had started feeling a lot better lately, and that he would visit her.

And that was how Louis found himself in a train heading north of London to visit his family that weekend.

When he got to the train station, he got off, put his backpack on his shoulders and went to the entrance, and right away saw his mum there waiting for him.

"You didn't have to come pick me up" Louis told her.

"Of course I did, I haven't see you in 3 months!" Jay said and gave him a hug "That can never happen again".

"I promise it won't" Louis said as he hugged her back.

"Let's go home, everyone wants to see you" Jay said as she let go of the hug.

They walked over to the parking lot together, both got in the old car, and Jay started driving towards Louis' childhood home.

"You look skinny, love" Jay declared as she drove "Too skinny".

"I've gained weight since the last time you saw me" Louis said truthfully.

He had a baby bump to prove it, although it was kind of hidden under the oversized jumper he was wearing.

"It doesn't look like it" Jay considered "How's the nausea?".

"A lot better" Louis replied "I think I just needed to get out of the first trimester".

"How far along are you right now?" Jay questioned.

"13 weeks" Louis lied, because he was actually 15 weeks.

"Hmm" Jay hummed.

"What?" Louis frowned.

"This is the 5th time you're doing this, but I still can't get used to you being pregnant with other people's babies" Jay sighed.

"Mum...".

"I know, I know, I said I was okay with it years ago, but it's still strange to me and you can't blame me, love" Jay explained.

"I know it's weird, mum, but it's what I do" Louis shrugged "And at least I'm helping people be parents".

"Yes, and that's exactly what lets me sleep at night" Jay said quite dramatically "I just hope all these pregnancies aren't too much for your body, because one day I want you to be able to have your own baby".

That froze Louis' for a few seconds, but because Jay was driving she probably didn't notice, and Louis forced himself to recover.

"You were pregnant 4 times, mum" Louis reminded her, trying to divert the topic away from him having his own baby.

"And it took a toll on me, I don't know if I would have been able to do it a fifth time, and you're on your fifth pregnancy already, and none of the babies you've given birth to are yours" Jay pointed out.