SIXTY THREE

LOUIS

Louis was trying to live his life normally, but to say he wasn't constantly paranoid would have been a lie, because he was.

He was always expecting the detective to come back, whether at home, at his work or even in the street. And he knew the stress of that wasn't good for him or the baby, but it was something he couldn't control, there was too much at stake.

But it had been a little over 3 weeks now without them hearing anything, and even though Liam told them that it didn't mean that it was over, he did say it was a good sign, it meant they didn't have enough to charge Louis with anything.

That Saturday night, after putting Leah to bed, Harry and Louis decided to have a pizza and movie date night on their couch. The pizza was delicious, Louis actually ate 3/4 of it, and after it Louis opened a carton of ice cream wanting something sweet.

"Where are you putting all that food?" Harry asked as he watched Louis eat the ice cream.

"In my belly, can't you see how big it is?" Louis pointed at it.

"That's a baby belly, not a food belly" Harry told him.

"It's both" Louis smiled, and brought more ice cream to his mouth.

Harry shook his head amused, and looked back to the screen, and Louis continued eating until half the carton was gone, and that was when he went to put it back in the freezer.

"I ate too much" Louis pouted as he plopped down on the couch next to Harry again.

"You don't say" Harry said knowingly.

"Don't be mean" Louis pouted.

"Come here" Harry put his arms around him, and kissed his temple.

Louis started rubbing his belly, because between how stuffed he was and the fact that the baby was moving like crazy, he didn't feel great. And it was then that he realized that the baby was kicking so hard that he could actually feel the movement with his hand.

So he grabbed Harry's hand, and he put in over his bare skin wanting him to feel the kicks.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked, but didn't move his hand.

"Can you feel that?" Louis asked.

"What?".

Baby boy kicked again, and Louis looked at Harry's face, and when he saw his eyes widen he knew he had felt it.

"Wow" Harry whispered.

"Cool, huh?" Louis smiled.

"Yeah..." Harry trailed off, and kept his hand there while the baby kept kicking "Does it hurt?".

"No" Louis denied.

"He's so little, but so strong" Harry said, and he sounded in awe "It's like...".

"Like what?".

"Like a miracle" Harry declared, and laughed "I don't know if that's the right word, but... wow".

"So you're happy?" Louis asked.

"Yeah" Harry said, and gave him a smile.

"That's all I want, for you to be happy about him coming" Louis told him.

"I am happy, Lou" Harry assured him.

"Good" Louis smiled.

Harry gave him a soft kiss on the lips, and then did something he had never done before.

He bent down and kissed Louis' belly.

And even though it was a very small thing, it made Louis feel so loved he could have cried.