ONE

LOUIS

The thing about Louis' line of work was that while he was in between jobs, he could pretty much do anything he wanted, at whatever time he wanted, with whoever he wanted.

The same thing kind of went on while he was doing a job, but there were a few restrictions, but none that made Louis want to change careers.

Right now he was in between jobs, but he was supposed to start a new one in a week.

He woke up that morning around 11:30 AM, stretched in his double bed, grabbed his phone, looked around Instagram for a while, and then got up to have breakfast.

Louis actually had a bit of a hangover, he had gone out last night, and he probably had more to drink than he should have, but he felt like he needed to take advantage of drinking while he could.

When he got to the kitchen, Louis noticed that his flatmate had left a mess in the kitchen, but he worked a normal 9 to 5 job, so he was obviously not at home right now, as it was Thursday, so Louis had to clean after him.

He wasn't a neat freak or anything, but was cleaning up after breakfast so difficult?

Louis had been thinking about renting a flat on his own, but it meant spending more money, and although his job paid very well, he didn't have much money to spare, as he gave his family some of his money, not because they asked, but because he knew they needed it, and he needed to redeem himself from what he had done.

He made himself a protein shake, and after he drank it, he got dressed to go running; he ran a lot because he liked to keep himself in shape, and it always helped him clear his mind,

Louis' run lasted over an hour that day, then he came back home, took a long shower, and by the time he got dressed and made himself lunch, it was already 3 PM.

After he ate, he cleaned the flat a bit, because his flat mate never bothered, if it was up to him they would live like pigs, and when he was done, he sat in front of the telly to play video games.

"Hey" Louis' flatmate greeted him when he got home around 6 PM.

"Hi" Louis said as he paused the game "You left a mess in the kitchen this morning".

"Sorry, I woke up late and I had a meeting" Zayn apologized as he plopped down next to Louis "I'm tired".

"Want me to make dinner?" Louis offered.

"Please?" Zayn smiled.

"Alright" Louis said, and got up.

"Have I ever told you you're the best flatmate ever?" Zayn grinned.

"And you're the worst flatmate ever" Louis told him "You're very lucky I've known you for so long and I like you a little".

"You love me" Zayn corrected him.

"Mmm, that's debatable" Louis replied.

But it wasn't, he did love Zayn, he was his best friend; Louis met him during their first year of Uni, and they had been friends ever since, but they only started living together after Zayn graduated, which happened 4 years ago.