Desperate times?

Amukelani's POV

"When you say its going to be a war zone do you mean like there is going to be serious bloodshed?" I ask. "Exactly that and I'm not the only one thats being targeted." answers dad. "Who else is being targeted?"  asks Aphiwe. Dad looks at me for a second and answers the question, "I can't tell you that but you shall find out."

"As long as i don't have to seduce anyone then I'm fine." I say. "I don't think you will have to seduce anyone." says dad. "Good." "How big is this person that's after us?" asks Ayanda. "I don't have the full details yet. You guys shall find out when we have a meeting when all the families that are under attack are there."

"Are we going to up our security?" asks Asanda. "Yeah we have to up our security and make sure you always have your weapon and all the tools you'll need to defend yourself near you." answers dad. "Mamà do you have any clue who it could be." "I'm just as clueless as you are."

"Is there any other important information that you have to share with us?" asks Aphiwe. "No that's it but I'll let you know when there is more." answers dad. We continue eating in silence and when we were done i clear the plates and put them in the sink.

I ain't about to wash dishes after cooking a big meal. "Amukelani who are you leaving the dishes for?" asks mom. I guess I spoke to soon. "Ma I just cooked a meal for you guys." I answer. "It's not like any of your siblings stay in this house." "You and dad can bond by washing dishes together."

"Don't bore me come help me wash them." she says. "What sin have I committed now." I mutter under my breath. "I guess being born in a big family might have been that sin that you committed." "That wasn't supposed to be heard or answered." "Next time keep your rhetorical questions in your mind."

Andile and Avethandwa bring their plates and i take them then put them in the sink. "Mamá are you okay?" I ask. "Yeah why you asking." she answers. "You are too snappy for my liking and you treating me like a slave not a guest." "You never will be a guest in this house." "And i shouldn't be made a slave." She rolls her eyes.

"Don't worry I'm fine i guess I'm kind of annoyed about what's about to go down." she says. "That's what happens when you apart of the mafia. Don't think you were going to be living a peaceful life." I say. "Yeah I know but now we tired and we both want to retire." "Whose going to take over?" "We still deciding."

"One suspect is off the list right?" I ask. "Right." she answers. "Okay then your decision shouldn't be that hard after narrowing it down to four." She chuckles. "How's Durban?" "It's fine there is nothing new." "No boyfriend." "I'm too busy for such things."

"You do realise you need someone to take care of you." she says. "Kanti a boyfriend has turned into a need not a want." I say and she laughs. "Not like that but you know sometimes people crave for that special someone." "Those are some weird cravings then." "You and commitment." "I'm the issue."

My relationship with my mom is better than it was before. I'm glad I had the courage to confront them when i did and we managed to talk things out. Yes I'm still hesitant about certain things but at least I can see the change and effort she is putting to mend our relationship. The only person left is my dad.

After washing the dishes I clean the counter and we go sit in the living room. "Mamá." says Sinokuhle. "My princess." "The food was nice." "Oh thank you." "Is there more?" This one and food. "No its finished." "Okay." "Come sit on top of me." I sit down and she climbs on my lap. "Mommy missed you." "I miss too." "How much?" "Much much." I giggle.