Questioning my innocence?

Sthembiso's POV

I arrive at Sino's school and i get out off the car and walk inside. The minute she sees me she runs and hugs my legs. I pick her up and adjust her on my arms. "Unjani princess?" I ask. (How are you?) "Good daddy." Her teacher gives me her bag and i thank her and leave.

Since I don't have the car seat I have to improvise and place her in the front seat and make sure I have placed a seat belt on her. We get to the car and i open the door and buckle her up. I put her school bag in the back seat and i go to my side and get in and close the door. "Car seat?" she asks. "It's in your mommy's car and she's not here." "Okay."

She's smart for her age and I'm impressed with her speech. Since I have her with me I decide to go by the shops so we can buy this Disney Princess dress so we don't have to shop for it last minute. I will also buy a car seat and a present and the toys she so desperately wants. We get to Gateway and i park my car in the parking lot.

"What are we buy daddy?" she asks. "We going to buy your princess dress for the party and a few toys and a gift for your friend." I answer and she squeals. This is the first time I'm spending time alone with her and I'm a bit nervous. I hope I don't mess things up. I need to start getting used to this because Amu is going away next month and by then we need to be comfortable with each other.

I take my phone and card and place it in my blazer pocket and get out. I go to her side and open the door, I unbuckle the seat belt and i help her get off. I close the door and lock the car and we head inside the mall. I don't know which shop sells these princess stuff and i doubt a boutique will have any.

"You not hungry?" I ask. I know we will be here for a while so I need to make sure she is well fed first before we get into business. If they say I failed at least I fed her. "I hungry daddy." she answers. "Let's go eat Steers." "Okay." We walk to steers and order our burger, chips and shake combo meal. "Are you going to finish your burger?"

"Yes. Mamá say I eat too much." she answers and i chuckle. "From what I've seen she is not wrong about that." I say. My phone rings and it's Sbongakonke.

"Buti omdala." he greets. (Older brother.) "What did I do to carry such a heavy title?" I ask and he chuckles. "I just wanted to check on you and Sino since you spending time together." "We still good." "How is it like parenting on your own?" "So far so good. I'm enjoying it." "Let me talk to her."

I hand her the phone. "It's babomncane Sbonga." I say. "Hi babomncane." she greets. "Hi Sino unjani?" "Good." "I'm also good. What are you doing?" "Buy food." "You must also bring some for me." "All mine." We laugh. "Okay ask your dad to buy some for me and then the rest is yours." "I will." "Thank you princess. Usale kahle." (Stay safe.) "Okay." "Bye." "Bye." She gives me my phone and i drop it.

The waiter calls out our number and i go take the food and sit down. "Here is your food." I say and give her her burger and chips and shake. "Thank you daddy." she says. "You welcome. Let me cut the burger into smaller pieces." "Not small small." "Okay." I take the burger and cut it into quater pieces and we start eating.