Man up?

Sthembiso's POV

"I still don't understand what I did wrong." she says. "You don't understand or you refusing to see it?" I ask. "I don't understand." I place my fingers under her chin and raise her head so she can look at me in the eyes. "I don't appreciate men that think they can come and take what's mine right in front of me." "Lwazi wasn't doing anything of that kind." I scoff.

I've never felt so jealous or possessive of any woman in my life and with her it just happened. I honestly didn't expect myself to react that way but I can't have her joking around with other men while I'm there rather do it behind my back then to show it to me.

"Then what was he doing?" I ask. "We were just talking and he cracked a few jokes here and there that made me laugh. He wasn't asking me out or anything. He tried that but i rejected him saying that I'm not looking for love." she answers. "You not looking for love?" "Yes I'm not looking for love because I already found it but I'm scared the other person might not feel that way."

"Whose that person?" I ask. "I can't tell you who it is." she answers. I trace her lips with my thumb and her breath hitches. "Will that person mind if I do this to you?" I put my thumb on her bottom lip and she sucks on it. "Answer my question Amukelani otherwise I'll stop what I'm doing." "No he wouldn't."

I place my hands on both her thighs and we have our usual starring contest. "Would that person have a problem if I kissed you?" I ask. "Kiss?" she asks. "It's a yes or no answer there is no in between here." "No he wouldn't." "Can I kiss you?" "Yes you can." Her voice is barely above a whisper at this point. I crash my lips on hers and she wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me closer.

I wrap my arms around her waist and lift her up and place her on the counter. I bite her bottom lip and she whimpers. I slide my tongue in her mouth and both our tongues fight for dominance and she gives up. I've missed this, this is what I've been wanting for the longest time and i was too scared to ask her for it because I was sparing this 'strange man' she's in love with feelings.

But I think i know who that strange man is and it's me. All this time I didn't notice it and i should have realised sooner then I would have made my move already but I waited till this long. I missed her and i missed us. We pull apart from the kiss to catch our breaths and she runs her thumb across her lips. "I'm yours?" she asks. "It depends." I answer. "With what?" "If you want to be mine."

"I think I do...wait I do want to be with you. I'm just confused about my feelings I've never felt this way before for any man in this world. I don't want it to be just a phase between us." she says. "What about that other guy you keep referring to?" I ask. "That other guy is you idiot." I chuckle. "I don't appreciate being called an idiot."

"Well you acting like one so what am I supposed to do?" she asks and i roll my eyes which causes her to chuckle. "Well I'm sorry that I'm acting like an idiot." I say and she chuckles. "What about the woman you have feelings for?" "That woman is you." She chuckles. "Were we both that slow to realise that we were referring to each other."

"I guess we were." I say. "Wow I can't believe it. Why do you want me?" she asks. "Why shouldn't I want you?" "I may act or pretend like I'm a strong person which I am but deep down inside I'm broken and i haven't healed from most of my past traumas." "And you think I have healed?" "It looks like you have."

"Most of it yeah but there are some things that I'll never heal from no matter how much I try to overcome it and i also have some of my issues I'm not that perfect and nawe uyakwazi lokhu." I say. (you know that.)  "Yeah I know." she mumbles. "Angikuzwa mowugwinya amagama wakho." She chuckles. (I can't hear you when you mumbling.) "I said I know."