Bombings?

Amukelani's POV

I get inside the car and sigh. "Is everything okay?" asks Mzwa. "Yeah everything is okay. It's just that I'm still shocked about the events that unfolded there." I answer. "What happened there?" "A lot." "Try and summarise that lot." I chuckle. "Well our dads, Sthembiso's dad and mines, talked to us." "Talked to you guys about what?" I sigh.

"They wanted to clear the tension and finally put the fued to rest." I answer. "Oh wow I didn't expect that." he says. "Mina ke mnikazi wendaba nami mengingayilindelanga lento." He chuckles. (I, the owner of the news did not expect that too.) "How do you feel?" "I'm at peace. I feel lighter now for some odd reason but I guess it's a good thing." "It really is." "Take me to the gym." "Sure bozza." I roll my eyes and chuckle. (boss.)

He brings the ignition to life and drives off. "Don't make a baby now that you guys have talked things out with your dads." he says and i chuckle. "Like I said before and i will say it again me and Sthembiso are not in that direction and neither are we heading there. Just too much shit going on in both our lives to even think about that." I say and we chuckle.

We arrive at the gym and i get out and take my bag from the boot and head inside. I go to the changing rooms and change into my gym wear and i head back out to the open space where we usually work out at. I lay out my mat and take out my water bottle and take a sip of my water. I close the bottle and get started with my warm ups.

Sthembiso arrives and joins me and we work out in silence. I'm happy with every thing that happened at that meeting but at the same time I'm angry and sad. Like why wait until now. Four years is a long time to realise your mistakes. In those four years i went through a lot of shit and i felt like shit after everything happened and they think an apology will fix or change all of that.

I still carry that guilt everyday for using him the way I did and then catching feelings at the end. I also feel stupid for letting those feelings get to me and allowing him to hurt me the way he did. Had i used my rational side things would be different but I don't know if it's a good different or a bad one. Like it's just too much for me. I stop working out and sit on the mat and look at the view through the window. "Uright?" asks Sthembiso. (Are you okay?)

"Yeah don't worry about me just focus on yourself." I answer. "You know shutting me out won't work." he says and he sits down too and stares at the window that shows the view of the busy streets of Durban. "I'm not shutting you out Sthembiso. I...its just everything that happened between us...I don't know but it's a lot and i didn't expect to confront the past today."

"I know...I never thought that I would experience such heartbreak in my life. And here I was thinking my exes put me through shit." he says and we chuckle. "How did your first relationship end?" I ask. "Well she was just too toxic for me and i also contributed a bit to the separation but that's a story for another day. She was very manipulative and you know I was still young so I was willing to do whatever to impress her and make sure she's happy without realising I'm losing myself." "Damn. You guys never had it easy in relationships." He chuckles.

"Angisho wena imizwa yakho ivele iphele." he says and i laugh. (Your feelings just finish.) "But the guy that I was with wasn't all that great. He tried controlling me and i couldn't do what I wanted because he still has/had that mindset that women belong in the kitchen and we should always be humble kanti mina I'm not okay in my head." I say and he chuckles. "And you never got into another relationship afterwards?"