Strike?

Amukelani's POV
Few weeks later...

"I am happy with the progress we are making. I'm thinking of ending the session here for today. Luckily for you you don't have homework for today but maybe you can try and reach out to each other and check up on each other's wellbeing." says Fiona. "Thank you. I feel like I'm in school with the amount of homeworks I'm getting." I say and we chuckle.

"The homework will be worth it in the end." says Fiona. "I understand." I say. "Have a great weekend and an excellent week ahead." "Thank you you too." says Asanda. We cut the call and i sigh.

We making some progress with the sessions. I honestly doubted the whole thing but I'm actually enjoying it. I also enjoy it because we make jokes and Fiona isn't that old so we never too serious. We've had our few confrontations but they aren't that massive. The homework that we got about our unresolved issues we haven't fully moved on because she still doesn't know how to answer it.

I knew where our problem was and when I explained to the therapist she agreed with me and asked me to write it down and Asanda should think about it too and see if she feels the same way about it. So the root cause of this is our parents. They are the reason why me and Asanda don't get along besides us having our differences. Growing up yes I was a rebellious child and i will admit that confidently but Asanda was also just as naughty.

Whenever we got caught she managed to shift the blame on me and my parents believed her because it was expected that I would do something so drastic. As time went by they started comparing us and wished that I behaved like her or they would tell Asanda that they wished she worked hard like me, in terms of academics and so forth. So that's what drifted us apart and that thing caused us to build resentment against each other.

My parents never saw the problem that they were causing and they only stopped once we were both adults. We buried the issue or should i rather say we swept it under the rug and pretended that it never happened. Now they no longer compared us they stood with her whenever she was in the wrong and painted me as the bad guy in every situation. Besides that being the major cause I also believe that my kidnapping also contributed to this.

After I was kidnapped I changed and became a different person and at some point i hated my siblings because I always wondered why I was the only one that got kidnapped. Why couldn't they take my sister with too so she can feel the pain I'm feeling? I placed the blame on them for a long time and then it changed. I never got to officially apologise for some of the things I said during that heated argument we had in the past.

Too many things caused our relationship to fall apart but the biggest one was our parents. I always knew this but she never did because she got the better treatment so she never saw anything wrong with the way I got treated. She is only realising it now when we are in therapy and I'm glad she is so we can start making progress and move forward with this whole thing.

I'm thinking of calling her later on so I can apologize. Fiona doesn't want us to be putting in effort during the session but also outside. I shouldn't wait until the next session to apologize when I can do it privately and talk about it at the next session. I get up from my bed and i walk to the bathroom to relieve myself.