Mind games?

Amukelani's POV

There is a knock on the door and i tell the person to come in. The door opens and Sakhile walks in. "Hey." I greet. I stand up and he hugs me. "Unjani?" he asks. "Ngiyaphila wena." "Nami ngiyaphila." We sit on the couch and there is a bit of akward silence before he breaks the tension.

"I wanted us to talk." he says. "About what?" I ask. "This sneaky link situation of ours. I'm sure you know that it hasn't been the same since I found out that you have a child. I don't know maybe it's from my side only." "I agree. I just didn't know how to bring it up to you."

"I got a job opportunity in North West." he says. "Congratulations that's nice. So we won't be able to continue this thing." I say and he nods. "Sneaky links have never done long distance." "Yeah I know. When are you leaving?" "Next week. I came here to say some sort of goodbye and end this thing between us." "Okay I understand. At least I didn't have to find out from posts that you left thank you for coming."

"Its my pleasure." he says and we chuckle. "I guess this is our last interaction until next time." I say. "Until next time." We stand up and he gives me another hug. "I shall see you around." "Sharp." We break the hug and he walks out. I sigh a sigh of relief and do a little dance.

Finally I'm free. At least he was the one who ended things and not me because if it was the other way around it wouldn't have ended well. I sit at my chair and start with my work. I'm in a good mood after this whole break up. I have a lot of work to do today so I text Sthembiso and ask him to fetch Sino and go back with her to his place.

£

I take my important files and head out. Jessica is already standing outside my office and we walk to my car. "Do you have everything you will need?" I ask. "Yes I have. Please slow down some of us have pregnant feet." she says and i chuckle. "Askies." (Sorry.) I slow down my pace and we finally reach my car. We get inside the back seat and Mzwa starts the car and drives off.

"I never asked but why do you have a designated driver?" she asks. She should have never asked. "Spoilt brat tendencies." I answer. "Very informative." I chuckle. "My dad wanted me to get a driver but he didn't tell me the real reason why." Mzwa clears his throat and i send him a glare. No need to give her unnecessary signals.

"Your dad loves spoiling you too much." she says. "I know and I'm enjoying being spoilt. Once in a lifetime opportunity." I say and we laugh. We get to court and my favourite people, the paparazzi, are outside. There is a lot of news stations here to. I'm working on a high profile case hence the publicity.

I wear my gown and we step out of the car. Mzwa blocks the paparazzi from attacking us and we manage to enter the courtroom. I approach my client and his family and we greet each other. "Unjani?" asks Thembinkosi. "Ngiyaphila wena." I answer. "Nami ngiyaphila. Paparazzi going wild over me." We chuckle. "The fame has gotten to your head a little too much." "I love the attention."

"Let's go sit down." I say and he nods. We walk to our designated seats and i greet the court ordeals and prosecutor. They hired an excellent prosecutor for this case but I'm always up for the challenge. We sit down and i take out my files and skim through them one more time.

"So are things looking good for us?" asks Thembinkosi. "Things are still going well unless they throw a curveball our way then we will be compromised." I answer. "I really need to win this case otherwise my reputation will be ruined." "It was ruined the moment you took his last breath." He sighs.