Won't be this nice?

Amukelani's POV

"Mamá call daddy." says Sino. "Your dad might be busy." I say. "Miss him." "I know that but wait until ntambama then we can call him." (later.) "Please mamá call daddy." I sigh. "Fine but if he doesn't answer his phone don't blame me." She nods her head and i chuckle. This one is obsessed with her dad.

I go to FaceTime and search for his name and it rings. If this gentleman doesn't answer in the next ten seconds I will drop the phone.

Ten
Nine
Eight
Seven
Six
Five
Four

"Nginanisiza." he asks. (Can I help you guys.) "Uyajola that's why ukuhuluma kanjena." I answer and he chuckles. (You are dating that's why you talking like this.) "Some of us aren't as lucky as you in the dating scene." I roll my eyes. "You know what i won't even bother explaining my situation because it's clear to me that you have concluded that I'm dating." He chuckles.

"Yonkinto iright or you missed me too much?" he asks. "Please I don't do the missing its you who misses me. Sino wanted to talk to you. She's obsessed." I say. "I don't blame her." "Yeah yeah nangu la." He chuckles and i give Sino the phone. They talk for 30 minutes or so and i can't help but eavesdrop on the conversation.

I spot something in the background that looks like a woman's dress or something along those lines. Hawu he should have told me that his busy I would have explained to Sino, now it looks akward that he answered his phone with the lady there. Wait a damn minute, he has a lady now?

Let me not overthink this I'm probably seeing things now but I can't help but feel annoyed at the possibility of him dating. I shouldn't be annoyed at all because I also have something on the side, it's giving hypocritical but still he has a lady. Okay let's not think too much about this.

They bid farewells and she drops the phone and gives it to me. "Mamá.." "Yes my favourite princess." She giggles and it warms my heart. "What dating?" She should have asked this while she was still talking to her dad. I curse my damn mouth for saying such things in front of her now I must answer the unanswerable.

"Its when mommy and daddy love each other." I answer. "Do you and daddy love each other?" she asks. "No we don't." "Why?" "Because things didn't work out between the two of us and we were forbidden by our parents or more like our dads to date." "Sad." "Don't be sad. Me and daddy are very good friends." She nods.

I don't know how it feels like to grow up in a one parent/ separate parent household but I'm sad that my daughter has to experience growing up in one, the constant travelling, watching other children talk about their parents being together. There is nothing much I can do to change the situation but the least I can do is make sure that my relationship with Sthembiso is good and we get along for the sake of her.

"Come to mamá." I say. She crawls to my side and sits on my lap. I lay her head on my chest and rub her back. "I wish things were different and that mommy and daddy loved each other but it won't be like that. The only thing I can do is make sure that we don't make you choose sides or expose you to our fights. I will always make sure that you have the best childhood despite the situation." "Cofused." she says and i chuckle.