Little mission?

Amukelani's POV

"Can I see the video." I say. "Unfortunately I can't show you since it's apart of the evidence and we don't want you tempering with it." says the lieutenant. "How can I be tempering when you are here?" "You know that it's apart of the law and i can't break the law for you Mngomezulu." I give him a tight lipped smile. "Sorry continue."

"So we need to take your gun to as evidence and we also want to check if it's registered." he says. "My case is self defense." I say. "We know that and we also have to prove that to court that it's self defense." "Okay I'll bring my gun tomorrow." "Do you know anybody that could be after you?" "I don't know. Can't we drop this case."

"Are you hiding something?" he asks. "I'm not hiding anything I just want to drop the case and move on. I don't need to be attending court every few weeks for the same thing. My best friend is traumatized and i don't think she would want to relieve the trauma to." I answer. "We have the suspect in custody."

I raise my eyebrow. "There was a surivior in the other car and we have him in custody." he says. "Is he talking?" I ask. "He has his lips tight." "Then what is the point because he won't talk." "We will get him to talk. He is going down either way but we need a confession so we can catch the mastermind." "Just go to trial because the evidence is there. You don't always need the suspect to confess but we don't want to testify." He raises his eyebrow.

"Are you sure?" he asks. "Look I'm an attorney and i know how draining it can be to go back and forth in court so let's just make things simple for me and my family and for the suspect and just detain him in prison until the whole trial is over because I doubt he will be granted bail. We just need to get enough evidence to prove he did it even if he doesn't testify it will be good as long as the evidence is present." I answer. "Okay I'll talk to the detectives."

"Thank you. If you still want my gun as evidence I will bring it." I say. "Please do." he says and i nod. "Is there anything else?" "No that was it. We will also take your statement tomorrow." "Okay no problem I'll be there." I stand up and we shake hands and i leave. I get inside my car and Mzwa drives off. I know he plays by the book so he will take his time in pushing my request to detain him. I need to talk to the colonel tomorrow about this.

"Are you hungry?" he asks. "Can we pass by Nandos so i can buy their rice and chicken." I answer and he nods. "What was it about?" "They said a video of me risking my life is surfacing on the net and they have the suspect in custody so yeah i told him I don't want to be apart of this trial thing and they must just sentence him alone without the victims being there."

"You have a lot on your plate neh." he says. "A lot and after this whole legal issue is over Langa needs to remove that video of me playing wonder woman." I say and he chuckles. We get to Nandos and we go through the drive through and i buy my rice and chicken for me, Sino and Mzwa and ma. I pay for the meals and we wait.

I take out my phone from the bag and i text Sthembiso telling him I'll fetch Sino at school. I get my food and he drives off. "Sino's school." I say and he nods. I take out my rice and chicken and start eating. We get to Sino's school and i get out and go fetch her. As soon as she sees me she runs to hug me. "Mamá!" "Princess!"

Lebone comes and hugs me too. "How are you pumpkin?" I ask. "Good and you." answers Lebone. "I'm good too pumpkin." She spots someone behind me and goes to them. I look behind me and i see her mom, Katleho. "Hey long time no see." says Katleho. "It's been a while how are you?" I ask. "I'm good and you." "I'm good."