Solace and comfort?

Amukelani's POV

"But what if the answers are closer to us than we think?" asks Khanyisa and i raise my eyebrows and she smirks. Before this woman dazzled her way into my life I was fine with not knowing my kidnapping story. Of course i knew due to the war that Sthembiso's dad is behind or more like contributed to my kidnapping and i stopped looking for answers because I had all the answers I thought I needed but now that this wazzle dazzle of a woman is here she is opening up a can of worms.

Does she know that Sthembiso's dad is involved? Involved isn't the perfect term to use because our cases are different. He was involved on my side not hers. If I remember correctly Sthembiso's dad threw my dad under the bus and the people he sold my dad to were human traffickers and that's how I unfortunately became a victim too. So her story isn't like mine.

"Did I let you get in your head for a second?" she asks. "Khanyisa I'm not interested in this whole escapade of yours about this kidnapping thing. You came to my office and thanked me right and that's where it was supposed to end." I say. "I know but sometimes I can't help but wonder." "Purpose of this whole conversation." I'm so bored of this.

"I know you also want to know somethings. I piqued your interest and i want you to help me find my kidnappers so I can have peace. We never went to trial for this whole thing so I'm sure they are out there." she says. "You can do that on your own I'm not interested at all." I say. "Okay fine but if you ever want to solve it then you know which number you can call." She walks away.

Too many things aren't making any sense now. I should be focusing on this war thing and not the past because it's not like things will change or I will be given the opportunity to reverse things. I sigh and continue with my shopping. I get to the till and pay for my stuff and head out. "Gym?" asks Mzwa. I nod and get inside the car.

Why now 15 years later? I had buried most of the memories even the revelation from four years ago I managed to bury it and now it's all resurfacing. I didn't care about the answers because I thought my dad sorted it out now but what happened four years ago proved me wrong. What if they are using it as a game plan to weaken me so they can enter? No that's a bit far fetched. I shouldn't even be thinking about this whole thing.

I get to the gym and head inside. I managed to fetch Sino and drop her off at home and then change into gym clothes. I get to the open space and i find Sthembiso there already. Funny how now I'm used to the sight of him here when at first i couldn't stand him for more than a split second but I guess things change for the better.

"Sho." I greet and place my bag down. "Uright?" he asks. "Yeah I'm okay." I place my mat down and we start with our session. "You know you doing it wrong." "Kanjani manje ngoba I am following the instructions you gave me." (How because.) "No." "Okay do it again." He does it and i still don't see the mistake I made.

"Which mistake did I make now?" I ask. "You seem distracted. You physically here but mentally you are in the Pacific ocean." he says and i chuckle. "The Pacific is a bit too far." He chuckles. "Kuyenzakalani ubukeke ngathi ushaywe impilo." (What happened to you because it looks like life has you on a chokehold.) "Mina ngishaya yona not the other way round." He laughs. (I have it on a chokehold.) "Now it doesn't look like that at all." I sigh.

"It's nothing. So you and Khanyisa are friends?" I ask. I feel like there is something missing here and i can't seem to get it. There are too many unanswered questions and sometimes I feel like the answers are starring right back at me but in a blurry form. "Yeah we friends why?" he asks. "I'm asking nje. I bumped into her today."