Make a bet?

Sthembiso's POV

I hear the door opening and i assume it's Amukelani and Sino getting in. I stand up and walk to the foyer and i see her walk in carrying a sleeping Sino. "Hey can you take her for me I want to go fetch my bags." she says and i nod. She hands me Sino and i walk upstairs to her bedroom. I open the door and i walk to her bed and open the blankets and lay her on the bed and cover her up.

She walks in with her suitcase and she leaves it inside the closet. "Did you do her washing?" she asks. "Yeah I did don't worry." I answer. "I had to phela you know how people are you tell them to do one thing and they do the other." "Angeke ngiyenze kanjalo ngomntana." (I wouldn't do that with the child.) "Glad to hear that." I chuckle.

I switch off the lights and we walk back downstairs. "What did you make I'm hungry?" she asks. "I haven't cooked I was still busy with work." I answer. "You hungry?" I nod. "Let me whip up something quick for the both of us but I'm only cooking if you help me." "Sure. Ngiyeza let me go log off and then I'll come and help you." She nods.

I walk to my office and i finish off the rest of my work and i switch my laptop off and i walk to the kitchen. I find her pouring the rice into the pot and adding water. "There is the onion and pepper. Thin slices please." she says. "Uyophekani?" I ask. (What will you cook?)  "Rice and chicken I don't want to overcomplicate my life." I nod.

I take out the knife from the drawer and start slicing my onions and peppers. "I think Sino is coming down with a flu. She slept a lot today and she hardly ate her food so she might not go to school tomorrow if it becomes more serious." she says. "Uzomyisa ka doctor noma ngimyise." I ask. (Will you take her to the doctor or should i take her?) "Will you be available tomorrow."

"Yeah ngizongena lokyanyana emsebezini." I say. (I'll go to work later on.) "Yeah then please take her. I'll give you my medical aid." she says. "How was your weekend?" "It was nice. Asanda gave birth to her daughter. I never find babies cute and all that but yena she's getting there, Sino did not even reach that level. Ugliest baby I've ever seen." I chuckle. "Ungathi umntanakho makamubi." (Don't say your child was ugly.)

"I have proof like yoh I was traumatized. I was crying because I was alone ngapha I have an ugly baby. I felt like the universe had forsaken me." she says and we chuckle. "Surely she wasn't that bad." I say. She takes out her phone and goes to gallery and looks for her baby pics. She gives me the phone and i go through the pictures and yeah she was definitely ugly but she wasn't that bad.

She's doesn't look like the person on this phone she has glowed up. "Yeah maybe you are right." I say and she chuckles. "I know I'm right. I was so scared for my baby. What if you were one of those idiotic men that questioned the paternity of the child because she is light skin and has dark ears." she says and i chuckle. "I guess we should be glad I'm not like them."

"But we will never know if you would be like one cause now we know where she belongs which is your family." she says and i hum in agreement. The room is filled with silence and she clears her throat. "I'm sorry if it hit a sensitive spot." "No it's okay. I'm over it now we can start making jokes about it." I say. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. It's not worth holding onto the anger. I have forgiven you and what matters is that now I'm in her life and i can try and make up for lost time by always being there for her no matter." I say and she smiles. "Thank you. I know it wasn't easy for you to forgive me and letting the whole thing go." she says. "It wasn't but that doesn't matter." She nods.