Thing of the past?

Sthembiso's POV

"How do you feel?" asks SimphiweyiNkosi. "Feel about what?" I ask. I know what his about to say and honestly I'm not in the mood to be answering such questions. He knows how I feel about it he just wants to annoy the living daylights out of me.

"You know what I'm talking about or do you want me to spell it out for you." he says. "Please do cause I don't have any clue." I say. "About seeing her." "I don't feel anything. It's not my first time seeing her so yeah." "But then you do realise now you'll be seeing her more often because of the war." "Yeah I didn't notice." He rolls his eyes.

"So that means you have to talk." he says. "Talking ain't an issue cause we both know how to use our mouths and vocabulary." I say. "But you guys never talk to each other." "I know that. What's your point about this?" "My point is aren't things going to be akward cause you two don't talk when you see each other."

"When things ended we had a conversation about our I don't know what to call it but yeah we ironed things out and it won't be akward." I say. "Don't fall for her again." he says. "And why would I do that." "Cause you did the first time you weren't supposed to." I roll my eyes. "Whatever."

"SimphiweyiNkosi where is Mihlali?" asks ma. "She went out to see her parents." he answers. "Oh okay. I needed her help with something but since you two are here you better make yourselves useful and follow me." "Siyeza." (We are coming.) "Phangisa." (Hurry up.) We stand up and follow ma to the kitchen.

"How can we make ourselves useful?" he asks. "By helping me cook." she answers. "Okay what do we do first." "I'll give you some stuff to chop." "Okay." She gives us onions, peppers and potatoes. I take the potatoes and peppers and start doing what I'm supposed to.

"I'm making wedges with those potatoes so don't peel them. Dice the peppers into small cubes same goes for you SimphiweyiNkosi." she says and i nod. "You know very well I hate onions and you made me chop them." he says. "It's not my fault your hands are slow." I say. He rolls his eyes and i chuckle.

"Shukuthi when you get married you'll let Mihlali do all the cooking." she says. (That means..) "I don't like cooking ma. I'd rather clean the entire house from top to bottom than cook." he says and i chuckle. "My poor daughter. I hope she knows what she's getting herself into." We both laugh. "Takeaways are available if she doesn't want to cook its not like I'm broke."

"Nirght?" she asks. (Are you guys okay?) "Ngiyaphila wena." I answer. (I'm good and you.) "Nami ngiyaphila."(I'm good too.) "Ngiright ma." he answers. (I'm fine ma.) "How do you feel about this war thing?" "It was bound to happen at some point so I don't feel anything." I answer. "Him attacking us on the day of Sthembiso's arrest was the day he declared war and he made matters worse by adding more people. He was supposed to kick us out of the ring one at a time." he says.

"I'm so over this thing called war." says ma. "You married a man that's in the mafia so you can't get tired now. You will only rest once you dead which is not anytime soon." I say and she chuckles. "She forgot that she chose the money over the butterflies which I'm glad she did cause we can quit anytime and start living off that money." he says and we laugh. "I hope this time nobody gets hurt real bad." She looks at me while she's saying this and i fight the urge to roll my eyes. "Me too."