Now or never?

Amukelani's POV

I hear heavy footsteps enter the office and i sit on the toilet. I was this close to leaving but he had to arrive sooner than we expected. That password has me thinking about his child and how he/she is. Yes I may be a killer but I do have some sort of emotions. I hope that baby is okay but it's such an unfortunate that he/she has to suffer for his/her parents sins.

I hear some voices talking and i think they talking about business. I could care less about their business I really need to leave here. I hear another voice talking and that person is saying that there is an emergency downstairs and they need to rush. I hear the footsteps rush out and i unlock the door. "You need to make a run for it." says Lisakhanya.

I open the door slowly and check the coast. I put the key back in the key hole and i quickly exit the office. I get inside the elevator and once the doors open I run back to the car. I open the door and Lisakhanya screams. "Dramatic ass." I say. "You scared me." she says. "Sorry. Where is Langa?" "He knew this might happen so he went to go start a fire." My eyes widen in shock.

"I have a smart brother. I would have never thought that far." she says and we laugh. "Me too. I'm still confused as to why Qhawekazi couldn't do this on her own." I say. "I also don't know." The door opens and we both scream. "Women and their drama." he mumbles and we roll our eyes. "You scared us you fool." I say. "Whatever let's go."

"How much damage will that fire cause?" I ask. "I don't know but not too much because the people there caught onto it early." he answers. I give him the USB and he thanks me. "Did it send everything?" "Yeah it did. Hopefully there is something useful we can use against them." "Me too. Thank you." "No problem. I'm trying to live to see the following day so I had to do this." We laugh.

"He should have attacked us one by one." says Lisakhanya. "It's very brave of him to attack us in one go." I say. "But then I feel bad for the child." "I was thinking about that too." "It is true when they said the kids will suffer for their parents sins." he says. "But he/she is young man they don't deserve this." "Neither do we deserve to go to war but here we are."

"I wonder why our parents chose to be unlawful citizens." I say. "Yours is worse because it's both sides. At least ours they married into it." he says. "I had that thought earlier on." They laugh. "But let's hope his/her mother's side of the family is there." "Kusemhlabeni la. Every man for himself God for us all. It's a survival of the fittest and there is no time to think about the next person when your life is on the line." he says. (This is life.) "Words of a true gangster." We laugh.

"When did you buy a house?" she asks. "A couple of weeks ago." I say. "And you haven't invited us to a housewarming." "It's still in motion. I just wanted to settle in first and buy everything I needed." "How is it so far?" "It's really nice. I'm officially a homeowner." "You better organise the housewarming soon." "Maybe we can have it after the war."

"As a celebration for surviving. Sounds better that way." she says and i nod. We drive past Nandos and buy lunch. "If this is how our missions will look like at the end I must start getting involved more often." I say and we laugh. "You love food." he said. "Food loves me." He rolls his eyes. "We'll eat at my office." "No problem."

We drive to Langa's workplace and when we get there we go straight to his office. "Does Ntswaki still work here?" I ask. "Who is Ntswaki now?" he asks. "That PA that claimed I was living her life." "Yeah she's still here. She might be mean but she knows her job." "It's always the ones that know their job." Lisakhanya laughs.