Lonely?

Amukelani's POV

Mihlali and i are having lunch in my office. When she moved to Durban she couldn't find a job so I talked to Kuhle to hire her and lucky for her since she knew him and she is good at her job we hired her.

"How is Sino settling in Durban?" she asks. "She's doing okay. I didn't expect her to settle down quickly but I'm glad she did and she already has friends." I answer. "I'm glad she's settling down well that was my biggest worry." "Me too. It feels good to have her back in my life." "I can see you happy."

I smile. "But then I'm thinking of buying a house." I say. "Like a mansion or just a cosy home nyana." she says. "Yeah a cosy house cause it's going to be the two of us for a very long time or in this case the rest of my life."  "You tired of renting." "Yeah it's tiring and i can buy a house cash if I want to." "It's fine and i think it's good for the both of you." "You think so." She nods.

"Well love tell me when you have a housewarming." she says. "Parties vele are my thing so I'll let you know." I say and we laugh. "I can't wait for this new journey you taking. You are grown now." "Me too and i know there will be ups and downs but now I'm ready for whatever challenges this journey will throw my way."

"Girl words can't describe how excited I am for you." she says. "Thanks love I really appreciate your support. But I wonder who can I ask to help me find a house." I say. "Your baby daddy." I choke on my food and she hands me a bottle water and i chug it down. I did not expect her to say that. "Who?" "Your baby daddy." "Who is my baby daddy now?"

"You honestly thought I wouldn't find out." she says. "Find out what?" I ask. "That your baby daddy is my future brother in law." "Oh." "Oh. Is that all you have to say?" "You didn't tell him that I have a child." "You worried about that more than you lying to me." "Please Mihlali you can't be angry at me. You don't have a right to be angry it's only Sthembiso that has a right."

"I don't care Amukelani. Mina as your best friend you didn't tell me. You know that I have a close relationship with them but you don't tell me." she says. "Because I knew you going to run and tell him!" I shout. "He deserves to know his the father." "No he wasn't supposed to know." "Fuck that shit!"  "You don't know my father Mihlali. I was going to tell Sthembiso when I found out I promise you but I couldn't."

"Don't pull that bullshit on me Amukelani." she says. "What bullshit am I trying to pull cause I'm being honest." I say. "Stop lying Amukelani." "Mihlali I'm serious. Can I please explain to you. This thing is more complicated than it seems." "Okay it's fine explain then."

"Firstly I would like to apologise for keeping this thing from you..." I say. "Just explain it Amukelani." she says. She sounds really angry and mostly hurt. I know I'm a bad person for keeping this from her but I had to cause A: I couldn't let him find out cause there was going to be a big fight cause his hearing it from other people and not me and B: He was gonna get killed by my dad which I couldn't let happen because now my single mother status will be permanent.

"Okay. Me and Sthembiso dated four years back. Things were good between us but then they had to end. That story is one for another day cause it needs bottles of wine and tissue for you cause I know you going to cry on my behalf. But like yeah things ended and we talked things out like no hard feelings and stuff like that. That's the day i found out I was pregnant but then i hid it from him cause i was indenial plus I wanted to confirm if it's true. Then weeks later I did just that and yeah I went home to let them know and then my mom told me to go try and talk to him. I tried calling him but he changed his number and i tried going to where he stays and i was told that he moved out. I went back to tell my mom the news and she said I should involve Langa..."