Hurt me?

Amukelani's POV

"I saw the way he was starring at you." says Mihlali while we get in the car. Since Sthembiso suggested the sleep over I decided that I spend some time with my favourite person in the whole world, my best friend and we can use this time to catch up and forget that we have kids and let the men do the job.

I bring the ignition to life and reverse my car out of the driveway. I connect my phone to the radio and shuffle my playlist and the song Side to side by Ariana Grande ft Nicki Minaj starts playing. I lower down the volume so I can listen to what this one is saying. I know who she is referring too when she says 'he' but I will pretend like I have no clue in the world on who she is talking about.

"Ubani?" I ask. (Who?) "Amukelani don't play stupid with me. You know there is only one guy in that house that would ever look at you." she answers. "I didn't know." "Really now?" "Yes." His intense gaze on me made me feel a little bit shy as if it was my first time getting attention from a man and he made me feel some type of way. His always had that effect on me.

"He was starring at you and the way he was looking one would swear that the both of you are together." she says. "You know if we were to give it a second chance you would be the first person to know." I say. "Who knows maybe you want to keep it under wraps for a while." "No Mihlali there is nothing going on between us we are just co-parents."

"Are you sure?" she asks. "I'm positive and it's not like I have feelings for him or something." I answer...lies. "I would like to make a bet with you but I will postpone it to later." "I'm not interested. I finally told him why I left Sino at Joburg." "Oh wow when did this happen?" "Last week Friday. He asked me and i was like it was time for him to know."

"How did he handle the situation?" she asks. "He handled it quite well," I have a mini flashback of our kiss and i shake my head to rid of such thoughts. "He was there for me and he didn't judge me in anyway." I say. "That's good and he wasn't supposed to anyways otherwise we coming for him." I chuckle.

"Did you also tell him you knew you were pregnant when he came but you kept quiet?" she asks and i sigh. "No I haven't told him. That one needs another time not now. I can't bring myself to tell him that vele I am entirely to blame about this whole situation." I answer. "It would have been better you told him the first time and not wait until now when things are good between the two of you."

"I know Mihlali but it's not easy to say such out loud and i can just imagine his reaction to that. Our relationship might not be the same again and he might start resenting me from keeping him away for this long." I say. "But he would have to forgive you since you are co-parents and Sino needs to grow up in a healthy home." she says. "Its not as easy as it sounds."

"I know this won't end well." she says. "And I know that too but for now can we pretend like all is good until I'm ready to tell him." I say. "Okay. But are you okay after telling him everything?" "I am okay, more than okay in fact and i feel much more better now that I know he knows why and what happened." "I'm happy too." I smile a bit.

"I'm surprised Mzwa isn't here with us." she says. "The amount of begging I had to do so he can stay." I say and she chuckles. "I can just imagine you begging him." We laugh. "I almost got on my knees but I was like I'm his employer so he has to take my instructions." She laughs.

We get to the restuarant and i take my bag from the backseat and take out a small mirror and add some finishing touch ups to my look. "Let's go have some fun and gossip." she says and we laugh. "Now that's what I'm talking about." I say and we laugh. We get out of the car and i make sure to lock it and we head inside.