Replaced me?

Amukelani's POV

"Aah the people of the moment. I'm glad i caught you couple together come let's talk I have a nice offer for the both of you or should i say for you Ms. Mngomezulu." says Melokuhle and Sthembiso mumbles incoherent words. If it was any other given time I would laugh but it's not funny and i understand why he said a bunch of shit under his breath.

"We not a couple Melokuhle." I say. "But the quality time you two like spending together, one would swear you are dating or maybe better yet married." he says and i roll my eyes. "What do you want from us?" "I'm looking for you Ms. Mngomezulu." I sigh. "Fine. Uzoba right?"(Will you be okay?) Sthembiso nods.

We start walking and we get inside the building. "Melokuhle start talking." I say. "Don't rush this whole thing. How are you?" he asks. "I was doing just fine before you came." "Oh did I cut your lovey dovey time." "Me and Sthembiso are not dating so stop insinuating such nonsense." He chuckles. "It's so easy to piss you off." "Fuck you."

"I've always wanted to do that." he says and i gag. Just imagine me and this guy...in bed. Oh I would rather fall in love with my sneaky link or even better get back with Sthembiso then to sleep with this fool next to me. "Don't be overdramatic. I know you want to." "I would never. Please let's cut the act and tell me what nice offer do you have?"

We get inside an office and he pulls the chair for me and i sit down. I mumble a thank you. "You welcome. Amukelani you have connections in the police force and law offices." he says. "Not really. I'm just focused on working so I can't necessarily help you." I say. "Amukelani let's not fool each other."

"What do you really want? You know I have connections yes I do so now what must I do with those connections?" I ask and he smirks. "I need you to pull some strings and give an anonymous tip off for this address." he answers. "Which address?" He gives me a piece of paper and i put it away in my bag.

"What must I say?" I ask. "I need you to tell them that there are illegal weapons and drugs " he answers. "Why can't you do it yourself?" "Because with you sthandwa sami they will believe you." "Don't call me your lover wena." "I apologize." "What about the people under you?"

"Eish those ones are being investigated so my hands are tied. I wouldn't have asked you this if they were still there." he says. "What am i going to gain out of this?" I ask. "What do you want?" "I'll call for a favour one day. I don't like to have my payments immediately." He smirks. "So you going to help me?"

"Whose address is this?" I ask. "It won't be fun if I tell you." he answers. "Melokuhle I can't help you if you don't give me the details." "I'll only give you a hint." "Anything at this point is fine." "You know the people." "Okay fine I'll figure it out myself. When do you need it done?" "You don't have a due date but the sooner the better."

"I'll text you when it's done." I say. He takes out his business card and hands it to me. "And when I need you to repay me you better jump." "No problem. Thank you for helping me." he says. "Don't thank me yet." He smirks. "Let me walk you out." We stand up and we walk back to the guests.

He winks at me and i fight the urge to gag. I walk back to where the others are and sit down. "I knew you liked Melokuhle." says Lisa. "I don't wanna go there." I sing and she laughs. "How did it go?" "There needs to be another meeting." "I'll let dad know." "Thank you."

"So when are we meeting up for that lunch?" she asks. I've been avoiding that lunch with her cause she will ask questions and i haven't decided if I should lie to her or be honest. It's best I lie cause it's my thing. This thing of me being an attorney makes me become a pathological liar in my personal life. "Tomorrow."