Tight corner?

Amukelani's POV

We get to my mom's headquarters and head inside. The people bow a bit when they see my mother. My mother has a lot of respect and what i love about her is the attention and respect she commands when she walks in the room. She doesn't have to say anything just by the sound of her clicking heels you know she has arrived and all eyes must be on her.

I've been told that I'm also like that but I find it hard to believe. I need someone to film the whole thing happening then I will believe what they are saying. We enter the elevator and it takes us to the basement floor where all the weapons are stored. I like being in this area a lot. My adrenaline kicks in and that's when Assassin Amukelani comes in. I'm still working on my alter ego's name.

The elevator doors open and the people that are packing the weapons neatly stop and bow before they continue with their jobs. "San las armas empacadas en la habitación." asks mom.  (Are the weapons packed in the room?)  They nod. We walk to the office at the far end of the area and we get inside and we find all the weapons laid neatly across the table.

Rifles, assault guns, pitsols, 22 caliber, 9mm you name them and they are here. I rub my hands together and grin. The excitment a gun brings me cannot be compared. It reminds me of the first time I held it. Funny enough how I wasn't scared like I should have been. Reality only kicked in after I caught my first body, that's when I was like this is me... "Stop reminiscing Amukelani. It's time to work." says mom and we chuckle.

"Which ones are we taking?" I ask. "The ones that are the best duh." answers tío Antonio and i fight the urge to roll my eyes. This man and sarcasm. "Rifle and pistol." answers mom. "That's all you had to say tío." He rolls his eyes. I open the duffle bag I'm carrying and stuff the weapons I will need.

I close the bag and hand it to my uncle because I'm not about to break my shoulder. "Why?" he asks. "My arms and aiming skills need to be in tact for tomorrow tío. And also take this is as one of your many ways of repaying me for such a risky job." I answer and he rolls his eyes. "Algunos hijos que tiene mi hermana." (Some kids my sister has.)

"Are you not taking some mamá?" I ask. "I do have in the house. This was for you to decide." she answers and i nod. "I love this collection of yours."  "Thanks." I nod. We walk out and leave the building. Tomorrow is the mafia gala and to say I look forward to it would be a straight up plain lie. I think I will only like it because I will be doing what I love which is getting rid of people.

We get inside the car and it drives us back home. We are having a family lunch to catch up. I will be seeing some of my extended cousins today and I'm excited. Any time is good time to turn up with those fools and i know we will have fun. We get back home and i get out off the car head inside to the house.

The aromas hit my nostrils as soon as I enter and i can't help but salivate at the thought of good food. Who knows maybe we are having jambalaya or some chilli con carne. I walk to the kitchen and i find the chef cooking. "¿Komo estás?" I ask. (How are you?)  "Buena y tu." she answers. (Good and you.) "Buena." (Good.)

I walk to the backyard and i find Aurora and Amara setting up the family table. "You finally back." says Amara while she pulls me in for a hug. "I was just fetching the weapons nothing major." I say. "I'm so nervous yet excited for tomorrow." "I'm only nervous about the illegal stuff I'm planning to commit." We chuckle.