Forbidden trap?

Sthembiso's POV

I watch her wave at us until my car comes out of her view. I missed her hugs. Me hugging her brought back certain emotions that I would like to keep under wraps. I don't know if she felt it though but I felt something when we hugged each other, like a sense of peace. Like she is my peace after a stormy weather.

I'm nervous about this stay with Sino. I have never done this whole parenting thing, we skipped from sleepovers to a three week long stay. I hope I will survive these three weeks but I'm also excited because I get to spend time with my angel and i get to bond with her. I want to make up for the time I missed in her life so I'll do whatever I can to be always there for her.

"Daddy." says Sino. "Yes princess." "I miss mommy." "I know you miss her and don't worry we will call her before you sleep and if she doesn't answer we will call her tomorrow morning. Don't worry mommy is not going away forever it's just for a little while." "Okay. I happy to spend time with you." I smile. "I'm also happy too. We going to do a lot of fun stuff together but thats only if you behave." "Yes daddy."

We get back home and i get out and walk to her side. I open the door and take her off her car seat then close the door. I will offload her things later on. We get inside the house and go to the kitchen. "Are you hungry?" I ask. "Snack." she answers. I help her sit on the bar stool and i take out a plastic bowl and pour some simba chips in it and give it to her. My phone buzzes and it's a message from Amukelani.

Amukelani Mngomezulu: Have you guys arrived yet?
Me: We have arrived and don't worry we okay.
Amukelani Mngomezulu: I'm glad you good. She's not crying right?
Me: No she is not. She's handling this like a mature teenager.
Amukelani Mngomezulu: Okay. I will be travelling for almost twenty four hours so I'll only be able to answer your calls tomorrow after school.
Me: Okay no problem we'll call you then.

Amukelani Mngomezulu: Keep me updated on the war and interesting gossip.
Me: Uthanda izindaba. (You love news.)
Amukelani Mngomezulu: 😂. Mara lendaba zifuna mina futhi ngingena kuzo ngoba impilo yami isencopheni. (But this news wants me and I'm involving myself cause my life is in danger.)
Me:😂 I'll keep you updated ungakhathazeki. (Don't worry.)
Amukelani Mngomezulu: Sharp sizokhuluma ksasa. Tell her I love her before she sleeps.
Me: Have a safe flight.
Amukelani Mngomezulu: Ngiyabonga. (Thank you.)

"Do you want to go watch some TV?" I ask. "Yes please daddy." she answers. She climbs down the bar stool and we walk to the living room. I switch on the TV and put on her cartoons while I go fetch her bags in the car. I take them upstairs to the bedroom she will be sleeping in. I designed this room for her after coming to that stage of acceptance that I have a child.

I haven't shown anyone ekhaya (home.) and i hope Sino actually likes it because I would hate for my efforts to go down the drain like that. I put the bags next to the closet door and go back downstairs to the living room. I sit next to Sino and watch some cartoons. There is a knock on the door and i tell the person to come in.