Tolerating him?

Amukelani's POV

"If it isn't my favourite baby in the whole world." I say. "Mamá I'm only baby." she says and i chuckle. "Of course you are hence you my favourite. Come give mama a kiss." She kisses me on my lips and both my cheeks and forehead and i repeat the action. "How was school?" "Nice." "Just nice." "Nice."

"Okay then let's go." I say and we get inside the car and i drive back home. "Mamá." "Mmm." "I'm hungry." "You forever hungry. Don't worry when we get home your Abuela is going to cook nice food...that's if she feels like she's done making me her slave." I mumble the rest of the sentence. "Okay."

We get back home and we get inside and she rushes up the stairs. "Is she okay?" asks mom. "I don't know but she sounds a bit off cause usually she is talkative but she was quiet for most of the ride." I answer. "Go check up on her." "Oh no I didn't think of that." "Te abofetearé." I laugh. (I shall slap you)

I go upstairs and i find her laying on the bed. "Nana." I say."Mamá." I hear her sniff a bit. "What's wrong?" "Someone was making fun of me." "Who is that someone?" "This ugly boy." "Do you know his name?" She shakes her head no. "His bigger than me." "Oh. Askies my princess. What did he say to you?" (Sorry.) "He said I have a big head." I chuckle.

"But then you do have a big head." I say. "No i don't it's normal." "I laugh and she rolls her eyes. "Okay if that's what you think then it's fine." "I don't have a big head." I mentally roll my eyes. "Nobody else is bothering you." "No." "Good then and don't worry your head is perfectly fine don't listen to him." "Okay mamá." I nod and kiss her big forehead.

"How would you feel if I..." there is a knock on the door and i tell the person to come in. Not them interuppting me in the middle of an important speech. "Your father is looking for you." says Asanda. "I've never had such a polite sibling in my entire life. She's so polite even I'm thinking of becoming polite to her." "Okay fine sawubona Amukelani." (hello..)

"Mamkhulu!" Sinokuhle exclaims. "Hi my princess unjani." (How are you?) "Ngiyaphila Mamkhulu." (I'm good.)  "Nami ngiyaphila." (I'm good too.) She hugs Asanda and kisses her cheek. At least she's able to get along with my daughter.

"Sawubona Asanda." I say and she rolls her eyes. (Hello.) "Not in front of the child." says mom. "I was just teaching her some manners nothing much." I carry Sino on my back and we go downstairs to the living room.

"Go play in your playroom." I say. "Okay." She kisses my cheek and leaves. "Kukhona inkinga?" I ask. (Is there a problem?) "Ayikho mengifuna ukuwazisa ukuthi umhlangano uksasa ngo1." answers dad. (There is nothing I just wanted to let you know the meeting is tomorrow at one o'clock.) "With the families and all that." "Yeah that one." "Okay fine but then I'll travel in a separate car so i can fetch Asante after the meeting." "No problem."

"You two in the kitchen now." says mom. "Who and who?" I ask. "You and Asanda." We both stand up and follow mom to the kitchen. I take a bottle of water from the fridge and sit on the bar stools. "Is there a problem?" asks Asanda. "Yes there is a problem. I don't know where your bickering comes from and all that nonsense but I will not allow you to bicker infront of the kids."

"We weren't necessarily bick.." "Shut up!" she shouts. That shut my mouth up real quick. "I don't care. I'm tired of you two constantly fighting cause I didn't raise you to be like this. I thought as sisters you would be really close cause it's only the two of you but no you busy arguing and it's working on my damn nerves..." "There is a show called twisted sisters you know."