Bingo?

Amukelani's POV

Guilt.

That's how I'm feeling right now and that's why I have myself buried in work. I should be at home chilling and watching TV but I'm not I'm here because I need this distraction more than anything. That question popped out of nowhere and he kept on pestering me it's like he knew I would try to lie again which I did but that's not the point.

Curse the guilt that likes flashing across my eyes or maybe my eyes twitched. Now I'm backed up in a tight corner, more like I'm backing myself there because I can tell him the truth and set myself free. I have every intention of dying with this secret because I feel like it's what's best for the both of us but clearly the universe is against me again. When has it been on my side when it comes to this guy?

My phone rings and it's Mihlali.

"Mgeh." I greet. "Why do you sound down?" she asks. "I feel like shit." "What did you do?" "I kept a secret." "From who?" "Sthembiso." "About you knowing about the pregnancy the day he came but you chose to keep quiet about it." "Can't you sugarcoat it a bit. It sounds harsh when you phrase it like that."

"Nope because that's just how it is." she says. "I even came to work so I can drown myself in it and try to forget the guilt that I'm feeling. I have way too many issues that I'm dealing with to be dealing with this." I say. "You are supposed to be resting." "I don't care plus I've been on leave for a long time."

"You never listen wena." she says. "I do listen. It's not like I suffered a huge thing with the accident. It was just a concussion nothing major." I say. "It is something major because that concussion could have made you slip into a coma." "So dramatic. How are you?" She sighs.

"I'm fine." she answers. "Go to a therapist cause mina I can't really give comfort when it comes to these things." I say. "Let me hear your comforting words then I will decide if I shall see one." "You have to grow a thick skin cause the world that I live in and you just got introduced to is not easy. It doesn't want you moping around the whole day it needs you to be tough. Survival of the fittest."

"I know and i tell myself that but once shit hits the fan I just go back to square one." she says. "You need to grow up boo cause this thing of moping won't work and you need to learn how to use a gun. Do you think SimphiweyiNkosi will always be there to save you or I will be there?" I ask. "No."