Greed and power? (part 1)

Melokuhle's POV

"The lab results do confirm our suspicions that it is Khanyisa. They weren't joking in that letter." says dad. "Fuck. Naye what was she thinking going after Amukelani one man doesn't she know that that girl has a loose screw in her head." I say. "Clearly she didn't know because she went ahead and attacked her." "How are we going to tell aunty?" "I don't know but we have to tell her somehow."

"You must do it baba cause she's your sister." I say. "Ngizoyenza ungakhathazeki wena just start getting ready for the event we are invited too but make sure our weapons are ready cause we are attacking them on that day." says dad and I nod.  (I'll do that don't worry.)  I've always wanted to take them down and now this is our chance to conquer them but I know this isn't the best way to go about things but I can't convince my dad otherwise.

I don't have any issue with the other two but the Khoza's and Vikalazi's I want them all to myself. Especially Sthembiso, he took away my wife and now my child has to grow up without a mother and then he and Manqoba also killed her siblings who were supposed to be there for her after the death of her mother. I should have known that he was going to come after her.

I know I failed my wife by throwing her in the lion's den but we had no other choice and by that time Khanyisa wasn't close to us. We mended our relationship last year and she's been helping us with the planning of the war ever since. Her and i have never been on best terms but I will sort of miss her now that she's gone. I'll make sure she gets her justice both from Amukelani and Sthembiso's dad.

"So are you done preparing?" he asks. "Yes I'm done just the weapons then we ready." He nods. "Don't you think it's funny how they all just surrendering." "It is funny but look at the bright side of things we are getting things way easier through their co-operation and I'm glad they invited us so not the other way round." "I know. I'm going to sit back and enjoy making their clients mine again." "We need to learn how to deliver on time because that's why they are leaving."

"We don't have enough money to add more people on the team but once their territories are ours we will hire more people and that way we get more production done and more money comes in." says dad and I nod. "Did they ever do something to you to make you target them specifically?" I ask. "Not really they've never done anything to me and I've never worked with them."

"Then why target the big ones first instead of going for the smaller fish." I ask. "When I put my mind onto something it usually works out and I'm tired of seeing their faces at the gala those people are arrogant." he answers. "They don't seem arrogant to me." "Melokuhle you don't know them. You've never had to interact with them have you." I shake my head no.

"Don't start getting second thoughts with this whole war. We've come to far to give up now and it's definitely happening their territories are mine." he says and i nod. "I'm not chickening out I was just voicing my own opinions." I say. "Keep your opinions to yourself unless they are war related and can benefit us. Phuma la." I nod and stand up and leave. (Get out.)

I take the car keys from the key rack and leave. I get inside the car and drive off. I shuffle my playlist and the song Come together by Chris Brown ft H.E.R starts playing. I get to the beach and take my phone and head out. Once I reach the sand I take off my shoes and sit down.

The tide is still low so I don't have to worry about being washed away by the water but I wouldn't mind drowning then to go back and deal with them especially my dad. I take my phone and dial Nthabiseng's number. It rings six times and I'm about to drop it and she answers.